What tubes come with the single rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neurotech

Reaction score
I just sold my single rectifier, purchased 1 1/2 yrs ago at Guitar Center, assuring the buyer that the tubes were never switched out. He was surpised that they were groove tubes, not boogie tubes when he got home. As was I. He doesn't mind, but anyway, does anybody know if Mesa ships single rectifier solo heads with Groove Tubes? Or used to?

Any Mesa I've come across new has Mesa tubes in it. I don't see why they would wish to promote another company's tubes if they make their own?

You sure you didn't get a used amp when you got it originally? I've seen (and purchased) plenty of *used* Mesa's with JJ's and other assorted brands.

jared said:
I don't see why they would wish to promote another company's tubes if they make their own?
Sorry to nitpick, but I don't believe they actually "make" their own, rather they relable them after testing them...I believe....

My Solo 50 had Mesa tubes in it still, and it WAS in fact used when I bought it.

Gotcha, appreciate the clarification. They know the tubes with their label on them will work in their amps so it makes sense that they'd put only those tubes in their amps. Then everyone takes them out :)

Back