What style do you use your Rectifier for?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheMagicEight said:
I am curious to hear if anyone uses their Rectifier for something other than really distorted, high gain stuff. I played around with my Triple and got an awesome AC/DC tone, to the point where I'd take my Triple in a heartbeat over some Marshall that is meant for the style.

Anyone else?

Aerosmith, AC DC, Posion, Bon Jovi, , kick down your guitar volume knob and you can do it!

I use my RKII for just about anything -

Ch 1 - Straight-up clean with 6L6's so I don't create grit for it, play reggae rhythm (riddim? :lol: ) on this channel

Ch 2 - Got it on Brit to kick in the overdrive on it too to get the lo-fi sound or do some Floyd/Zeppelin.

Ch 3 - 2x6L6s 2xEL34s to play leads, usually, not so much lately. Play anything from The Expendables, to Sublime, Metallica, Marty Friedman.

Ch 4 - usually rhythm sound but used a lot for leads now while I pretend to know what I'm doing along with Satch and megadeth. Otherwise used for Metallica and NOFX playing.

I use mine for punk(Rise Against, AFI) and modern rock (Hurt, 10 Years, Tool). I have found that the clean channel with the gain turned up can cover some Neil Young pretty well too. I feel that my Mesa can cover anything that I'd want to play.

Latest posts

Back