What Speakers in My 2x12 Cab???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Speakers???

• 2, Classic Lead 80's

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • 2, G12K100's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hendog

Reaction score
OK. What speakers should I put in my 2x12 cab for my Mark V???

I play everything from Jazz to Metal.

Please feel free to post comments!!!

Without a doubt I recommend C90's. I have three cabs and the only one that sounds good with each of the 7 amps/heads that I own is the boogie 2x12 3/4 back cab w/ C90's.

I can't vote since I was wondering myself the same question. I've owned a 2x12" THD cab with CL80 which I used for about 7 years without really noticing anything wrong. However, I play more cleanish on ch 1 with the MKV taht ever defore and I now realize that the speakers are sort of crapping when there is a bit more bass. And is without playing that loud. After reading about the G12K100 I felt that was it, being able to handle more bass. I inquired my local store to find they were quite a bit cheaper than the CL80. Puzzled.... Can speakers become to old and flubby?

Why not mix and match.

I've always gotten great results with a Vintage 30 mixed with a CL-80, or even better, the WGS version of the CL-80 which sounds a whole bunch better.

The only cab I have that sounds good with two of the same speaker is my EVM-12L loaded 212.

madryan said:
Why not mix and match.

I've always gotten great results with a Vintage 30 mixed with a CL-80, or even better, the WGS version of the CL-80 which sounds a whole bunch better.

The only cab I have that sounds good with two of the same speaker is my EVM-12L loaded 212.

are you running that those EVM's in a closed back cab? I have been kinda wondering lately (cause my EVM's have still not come in) if they will sound good in a closed back cab?

kingdomheights777 said:
madryan said:
Why not mix and match.

are you running that those EVM's in a closed back cab? I have been kinda wondering lately (cause my EVM's have still not come in) if they will sound good in a closed back cab?

Yeah. They sound best IMO in a closed or Thiele design.

Latest posts

Back