What should I buy Triaxis or MK IV ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lopp said:
FWIW, I own both the TriAxis and the Mark IV and prefer the TriAxis.

It's a taste thing. It may be because I like the compressed sound better. It may be that I can quickly compare and/or use two drastically different settings by switching patches. Mainly it comes down to the fact that I have gotten many different tones that I love from the TriAxis and have not had the same success with the Mark IV. It's probably just a taste thing.

It also may have to do with the fact that you have a combo and not a head. Have you tried running it through your 4x12, bypassing the combo's speaker by any chance? Might be worth it.

6L6C said:
Had a Tri Axes & 2:90 still have a Mark IV only sold the Tri Axes & 2:90 cause of money problems at the time. Basically both Tri Axes & Mark IV sound great, I find the Mark IV to have a little better attack but would not really notice unless I was A/B ing both setups at the same time (which I have). On the other hand Tri Axes is way more flexible has 8 voicing’s (or channels) the Mark IV has three. The real time controllers on the Tri make it a force to be dealt with. Being programmable is awesome you can store many setups. If you are doing other peoples material (copy band) the Tri is a must. That’s what I used it for.

No offense, but one would think that if you owned it, you would know it's "Triaxis" and not "Tri Axes"

OverDriven said:
6L6C said:
Had a Tri Axes & 2:90 still have a Mark IV only sold the Tri Axes & 2:90 cause of money problems at the time. Basically both Tri Axes & Mark IV sound great, I find the Mark IV to have a little better attack but would not really notice unless I was A/B ing both setups at the same time (which I have). On the other hand Tri Axes is way more flexible has 8 voicing’s (or channels) the Mark IV has three. The real time controllers on the Tri make it a force to be dealt with. Being programmable is awesome you can store many setups. If you are doing other peoples material (copy band) the Tri is a must. That’s what I used it for.

No offense, but one would think that if you owned it, you would know it's "Triaxis" and not "Tri Axes"

No offense, but one would think that you wouldn't be talking down to someone who's been here longer than you and has ten times your post count.

visualrocker69 said:
It also may have to do with the fact that you have a combo and not a head. Have you tried running it through your 4x12, bypassing the combo's speaker by any chance? Might be worth it.

Good point and yup, tried that. Still prefer the TriAxis.

I have both and would suggest the Triaxis as far more versatile, greater scope regarding overdrive/gain and real-time control using midi foot controller. :D

visualrocker69 said:
OverDriven said:
6L6C said:

No offense, but one would think that you wouldn't be talking down to someone who's been here longer than you and has ten times your post count.

Lol...internet tough guy huh? You are telling me that you really think post count = knowledge?

I'm new here but I'm old as dirt and I have played through a lot of different stuff along the way. I've been using a TA and 2:90 since 1993. I'll state the obvious, it's all in what you need for your particular sound and I can't imagine a better couple of choices. The Mark IV is an incredible amp and has an intensity in tone that is sometimes hard to replicate with the TA. The TA has a certain flavor all it's own. In one band I played through a TA and our other guitarist through a Mark IV. There were days when he was jealous of my tone and days when I was envious of his. When setup right with good tubes, the TA/2:90 has the tones and versatility that works for me. But, if I were made of money, I'd certainly have both! :D

Happy New Year!

Back