What should be my next purchase for my dual Recto setup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
So as a new owner of the best amp I have ever played...I need some opinions. I have a 31 band dbx EQ that I can trade back in for what I paid for it. Should I keep it and run it in my setup with my Recto - Will I benifit?- Or should I trade it in for something else? Noise Gate? compressor? The freaking amp sounds SO good to me that I'm not sure I need the EQ in the EFX Loop in the first place.
I will be playing live about twice a month for the rest of the year...Where is my money going to be best utilized?

I would get rid of the EQ since IMO it's not really needed with the recto, and buy a nice boost pedal for solos to run out front. Lots of people like the DigiTech Bad Monkey, the Xotic AC/RC/BB pedals are nice, there are always the TS808/TS-9 or Maxon versions, Fulltone OCD, Boss SD-1, Graphic EQ, treble booster, etc.

I'm currently on a treble booster kick and I'm loving my HBE Germania with my F-100. Imagine if you will a Brian May solo tone, but with Mesa's modern sounding distortion. Mmm, Yummy.

hal9000HBEGermaniaTrebleBooster.png

Hhmm. Interesting. I will look into this idea. I would like a wirless. But they're considerably more money than I want to spend (Especially after purchasing the Recto/cab). And not needed anyway.

Im starting to understand that the more crap I have
to haul on and off stage...the more of a pain it is!!
100 pound 4 x 12's and 60 pound heads allong with
my guitar and any affects board/cables are enough!!
Anyway....is your head/cab road cased? I invested
about $600 in cases for my head and mesa cab(the
Marshall 1960 cab mainly stays @ home so If I want
to play all I have to bring home is my head) and it
has been far worth it. I know it stinks thinking about
buying something thatdoesnt do anything for your
tone but a year from now you will pat yourself on the
back for it! Rips and tears, dings and dents are
inevitable for equipment on the road that are not
cased. It hurts :cry: when you get a rip after all
that money has been invested on it! I had "Justin
Case" here in Omaha make me a cab case that would
cut down on having to carry as much. I had them
make it front load(because its easier than having
to pull that huge top off of it) with a speaker cable
door on the back and the lid has a built in removable
pedal board in it. The lid has 2 studs in it that slide
into the pedal board and a couple of wing-nuts hold
it onto the lid. This makes the cab case a beast to
lift--but its all on wheels!! The whole think probably
weighs 150-175 pounds(cab being 100 of it). T
he best part is that the only charged me like
$350 to make it for me. The hardest part was
being without a cab for a week! Anyway, My
head came cased from the guy I bought it from
on ebay ( about a $150 value) I would get your
head cased first before I got your cab cased though
if your head isnt already. Just a thought--it would be
worth it! :wink:

I have thought about casing my Head. I have a 4 space rack mount for my conditioner and other items. It is a tlo of money. I am so happy with the tone(s) that the dual has so I'm not really looking for any effects.
I love the clean channel pushed with just the slitest touch of gain. I finally can replicate intro's from Deny(Trapt). Any many other's I'm sure.
Anyway, I think I might take up that suggestion and put the money towards a head case. (head case) hehe!

DirtyNoise said:
I have thought about casing my Head. I have a 4 space rack mount for my conditioner and other items. It is a tlo of money. I am so happy with the tone(s) that the dual has so I'm not really looking for any effects.
I love the clean channel pushed with just the slitest touch of gain. I finally can replicate intro's from Deny(Trapt). Any many other's I'm sure.
Anyway, I think I might take up that suggestion and put the money towards a head case. (head case) hehe!

Hey Ive seen some sweet ones on ebay that are a rolling head case with a 4 space rack in it.... To cut down on excess stuff on stage! I think you might be able to pick-up one of these on ebay for like $150 maybe-Heres one I found for $219
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-HEAD-6-SPACE-RACK-COMBO-ATA-CASE-New_W0QQitemZ150009264745QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :lol:

Latest posts

Back