What resistors are these? Mark 3 blue stripe.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trey85stang

Reaction score
DSC00069.jpg

Circled in red? Anyone know the resistor numbers or what exactly they are? I had a new tube go bad and pulled the chassis to make sure nothing looked funny and those 4 resistors need to be replaced, but I dont think think they are what caused my problem.

Since I cant swap them for a few days, I figured I try and find out what resistors they are :D

edit: i borrowed that picture from an older post here, thats not my amp.

The two brown ones are 1/2watt 100ohm carbon comp. They are the filament load resistors.
The blue ones are 1/2watt 39 ohm metal film. They are loading the DC 6volt suppy to V1 and the R2 relay.

The far left one is R111. I had to to replace that one before on a bluestripe MKIII. I ordered them straight from Mesa/Boogie. I might have some extras. I'll look around tomorrow and see.

find a local electronics supply store....those resistors are a dime apiece. getting them from mesa will cost you 3-4 bucks in shiping alone.

acorkos said:
find a local electronics supply store....those resistors are a dime apiece. getting them from mesa will cost you 3-4 bucks in shiping alone.

I know where to get resistors :).. I just wanted to make sure they werent the cause of my power tube issue. I couldnt tell if they were part of the bias circuit or not. I really cant make out the hand written schematics I have found.

Since they are part of the power supply for the relays I dont really need replace teh carbon resistors with carbon... I can go with easily obtainable metal film, right?

I decided to replace the power tube socket that is burned up.. so I ordered it from mesa along with those resistors.

Latest posts

Back