What power amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanchez

Reaction score
Looks like I have finaly enterend into the Mesa Owners club.

I have just bought a V2 NO phat mod Triaxis. I should get it some time next week. But I need to get a Poweramp.

This thing will most likely be played at home/recording and the occasional Jam session.

I thought the 20:20 would be ideal but then I realised that it doesn't allow for the swtiching on the Triaxis.

I believe that the Deep mode on the 2:90 really helps get the Deep bottom endy Recto tone. Will I be able to get a recot type tone with the 20:20.

The bottom line is that BIG volume is a problem.

Thanks

Sanchez

Sanchez said:
Looks like I have finaly enterend into the Mesa Owners club.

I have just bought a V2 NO phat mod Triaxis. I should get it some time next week. But I need to get a Poweramp.

This thing will most likely be played at home/recording and the occasional Jam session.

I thought the 20:20 would be ideal but then I realised that it doesn't allow for the swtiching on the Triaxis.

I believe that the Deep mode on the 2:90 really helps get the Deep bottom endy Recto tone. Will I be able to get a recot type tone with the 20:20.

The bottom line is that BIG volume is a problem.

Thanks

Sanchez

If you think the "deep" mode turns your Triaxis into a recto then you will be sadly disappointed. If you really want more of a recto tone you should go with the 2:100 power amp.

I hope you realize that both the 2:90 and 2:100 are huge amps and are meant to output a lot of power. Your best bet might be to go with a 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Mesa 2:50, or anything else rated about 100 total watts or less.

The 20/20 will not have the low end punch at high volumes but it has a great tone none the less and I really liked using mine with the Triaxis. If you play guitar that is EQ'd to sound like a bass then you might need something like 2:90 or 2:100 to maintain that tone at high volumes.

Greg

I agree with disassembled. If volume is a problem then you'll never get the use out of any of the larger power amps. 20/20 would be the way to go.

Back