• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What kind of Dual Recto is this???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear-Monkey

Reaction score
I've never seen one like this before. I'm thinking about buying it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Amplifier-Head_W0QQitemZ220137820327QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A fine amp! The Maverick was designed from the ground up for roots players. There are two separate preamps, 4 EL84s in the output section and switchable tube/solid state rectifier. Very versatile, very magical sounding clean channel. The overdrive channel takes a bit of tweaking but will sing like a bird when you get it right. You can download the manual at the Mesa website if you want to know more. $750 seems reasonable for a clean head, it is my opinion that the Maverick is one of the more under-rated Mesas. Good luck, tell us if you snag it and how you like it! :D

I've never played one before, but from what I've read they have a different sound than your traditional DR.

i was looking for an amp that play metal and the dealer even didn't want me to try it, he told me it's more a bluesy style.

Latest posts

Back