What is this mod on my Mark III???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvandendungen

Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of years ago I bought a fully loaded Mark III red stripe. It has some sort of mod done, of which the previous owner had no information and I never bothered to ask anyone.

When the switch is engaged, the red pot acts as an extra Master volume. Also, when the switch is engaged, the FX loop is bypassed.
So I know what it does, but is this an "official" mod? If so, what exactly does it do?

Thanks! See below for pics.

IMG_1568_zps8f865a16.jpg

IMG_1569_zps6d4b9a66.jpg

That's easy.
Being a RED knob, it obviously makes the amp go faster..
Post some guts pics and we'll make up some lies about whether it's fuel injected, turbo-boosted bias caps or even runs nitrous on the driveshaft into the conbobulator..
Or we might be boring and give some technical observations..

What are the sound results ? just a master ? like a preset solo level ?
any tonal / gain change ?

McBarry said:
That's easy.
Post some guts pics and we'll make up some lies about whether it's fuel injected, turbo-boosted bias caps or even runs nitrous on the driveshaft into the conbobulator..
+1! :lol:

Sight unseen, the pot is probably a ch2 volume mod. But without gut shots, we can't make further smart-a$$ed commentary. ;)

kdorsey said:
McBarry said:
That's easy.
+1! :lol:

Sight unseen, the pot is probably a ch2 volume mod. But without gut shots, we can't make further smart-a$$ed commentary. ;)

We can't? Oh how wrong you are! :wink:

Yes pvandendungen gut shots would help.

Back