Mark iii blue stripe with red x

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominic O Leary

Reaction score
So I've recently bought a blue stripe mark iii and it's great. On the back panel I have the blue stripe above the chord and below it has what I think is a signiture in black but next to it is a red x and I'm curious does that signify anything?
Thanks

I recently bought one that was marked as a red stripe that has a little blue x in it. Mesa informed me it was a stock no stripe or possibly black dot. The serial number is a helpful indicator as well. I found more info wrote on the chassis that is still being investigated. What I have learned from mine is that other repair shops could have worked on them and made their mark, or previous owners could have re-marked the amp for whatever reason. My first Mark III was marked as a red stripe that turned out to be a purple stripe; the previous owner changing the stripe color

I recently bought one that was marked as a red stripe that has a little blue x in it. Mesa informed me it was a stock no stripe or possibly black dot. The serial number is a helpful indicator as well. I found more info wrote on the chassis that is still being investigated. What I have learned from mine is that other repair shops could have worked on them and made their mark, or previous owners could have re-marked the amp for whatever reason. My first Mark III was marked as a red stripe that turned out to be a purple stripe; the previous owner changing the stripe color
I may have to take a better look at it and see are there are other markings inside. Looking up the serial number is probably the first thing I should have done but I've been too distracted by how great the amp sounds. It's really interesting to see just how much these amps vary. Thank you very much for the reply.

I may have to take a better look at it and see are there are other markings inside. Looking up the serial number is probably the first thing I should have done but I've been too distracted by how great the amp sounds. It's really interesting to see just how much these amps vary. Thank you very much for the reply.
Any update on your amp???

Any update on your amp???
I checked the serial number and it would suggest it is a blue stripe and I also had a look inside but at the time I wasn't aware of the different mods and markings other than the stripes. I think with the knowledge I've gained from here it may be time to have another look

This is my green stripe with a “+” mod done by Mike Bendinelli. His MB initials in red, and he wrote the 3+ when the mod was done. Further evidence of his handiwork can be found inside the chassis.
IMG_8132.jpeg

Back