• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

what is this guy smoking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
I'm sorry but even for being in Canada that's waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much $$$ for a DC-15 and a 4x12 cab.

http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/msg/898628116.html

Whatever.
It's a free country.
He's free to offer his toenail clippings for $1000 each.
You are free not to buy them.
Sheesh.

That is even a high price, DC5 Heads sell for about $600 and the oversized recto cabs sell for about $500 used. I would offer the guy $1100 US dollars for that only.

jdurso said:
Ok be even still thats a lot. Even in mint condition i would say 1500-1600 would be the right price.

MrMarkIII said:
Whatever.
It's a free country.
He's free to offer his toenail clippings for $1000 each.
You are free not to buy them.
Sheesh.

I agree but its f8cking annoying when people dont do their research to price things correctly. I hate ignorant people and this guy fits the mold because he's either very stupid or he's trying to rip someone off... both of which dont agree with me. Thankfully my right to free speech gives me the freedom to blow of some steam and rip this guy a new one.

[/quote]I agree but its f8cking annoying when people dont do their research to price things correctly. I hate ignorant people and this guy fits the mold because he's either very stupid or he's trying to rip someone off... both of which dont agree with me. Thankfully my right to free speech gives me the freedom to blow of some steam and rip this guy a new one.[/quote]

That's why he probably won't sell it for doing his research, OR if he does someone else who didn't do their research will buy it. Thank god for the internet is all I have to say because I'm a research-aholic.

yeah It annoys me too when someone tries to pull crap like this. Craigslist is full of people trying to rip off uninformed people.

The best advice when buying anything is to research it out until you know more about how it works than the person selling it. IMO

I wrote a guy once that had a Mark III for sale for an ungodly price locally on CL, $2k if I'm not mistaken. I casually asked him if he'd consider dropping it down since he was way off base on the market value because I'd be interested if he had a more "fair" (IMO) price.

He wrote me back and said "Man, I know the price is jacked up, but I did it on purpose. My wife was complaining I had too much gear, so I told her I'd sell an amp. I listed it so no would be interested, but I could show her the ad and tell her I was trying to sell one..." :lol:

gts said:
That's a Great story Jack!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1. awesome!

maybe somebody should set up a whole website devoted to duping wifes/girlfriends about equipment prices, fake classified "for sale" ads, etc....

"see honey, I TOLD you that my new amp only cost $100!"

...****, i ought to copyright that idea! you heard it here first. 8)

Silverwulf said:
I wrote a guy once that had a Mark III for sale for an ungodly price locally on CL, $2k if I'm not mistaken. I casually asked him if he'd consider dropping it down since he was way off base on the market value because I'd be interested if he had a more "fair" (IMO) price.

He wrote me back and said "Man, I know the price is jacked up, but I did it on purpose. My wife was complaining I had too much gear, so I told her I'd sell an amp. I listed it so no would be interested, but I could show her the ad and tell her I was trying to sell one..." :lol:
:lol: Nice.

Rambling on post : just go to the next one :)

Alot of us buy so much before we hear or even play it ( www. (( insert internet dealer )) ) ,and do not forget .ebay. I do not mind traveling but the closest quality place to me is a six hour trip .
I am guilty as well .
I bought a Mesa , I won't even say price or model BUT it was from the Guitar center , yes the six hour trip , that mesa sounded great I was cranking in a room with two 4Xs12 cabs . I bought it right there after playing about an hour , reading the manual , ect .
I am only practicing and don't play it alot , and it has only been in the house so far . Somewhere around the forty mabey 60 days /shrug , it dies . I am SOL . I was never offered the protection plan . Or it did not qualify ? Half if not all of those plans are not worth the paper they are written on . Some are great if you get stuck . I probably would have bought it anyhow . Still out of the cash , and thinking about getting it fixed , ? or is this going to be a never ending circle , in four months I have paid for three repairs / shipping @ $200.00 round trip on two of them . I love this mesa when it works
or when it was .
Sorry , had to ramble .

LerxstLee said:
Rambling on post : just go to the next one :)

Alot of us buy so much before we hear or even play it ( www. (( insert internet dealer )) ) ,and do not forget .ebay. I do not mind traveling but the closest quality place to me is a six hour trip .
I am guilty as well .
I bought a Mesa , I won't even say price or model BUT it was from the Guitar center , yes the six hour trip , that mesa sounded great I was cranking in a room with two 4Xs12 cabs . I bought it right there after playing about an hour , reading the manual , ect .
I am only practicing and don't play it alot , and it has only been in the house so far . Somewhere around the forty mabey 60 days /shrug , it dies . I am SOL . I was never offered the protection plan . Or it did not qualify ? Half if not all of those plans are not worth the paper they are written on . Some are great if you get stuck . I probably would have bought it anyhow . Still out of the cash , and thinking about getting it fixed , ? or is this going to be a never ending circle , in four months I have paid for three repairs / shipping @ $200.00 round trip on two of them . I love this mesa when it works
or when it was .
Sorry , had to ramble .

Sorry to hear you've had some bad luck. Start a post (in the appropriate forum for your amp) and tell us what the issues are. We'd be glad to help you troubleshoot. It could turn out to be something simple.

Thanks I appreciate .

Also this Guitar Center is NOT a mesa dealer . I do not see very many .
I thought np , good store , great amp I have heard about , just bummed out .
This at least feels better than getting scammed .
I am sure gc thought it was fine also .
/cheers

Maybe this is the correct forum , What iz I smoking . :(

Latest posts

Back