what is the matching cab of the IIC+ and the mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_purist

Reaction score
well what is the matching cab boogie made for the IIC+ and mark IV? what speakers and cab did these boogies came from stock?

-head versions-

thankyou :)

Back in the day you could get a huge 4X12 with a metal grill running four 200 watt EV 12L's. With the MK IV, Mesa never really made a 4X12, but it was the Recto age and seemed to be a perfect fit. A Recto Standard straight with 4 Celestion Vintage 30's is fat !!! The only true cabinets that were made for both were 1X12 open or closed back cabinets, and of course the 1X12 ported Thiele.

It sounds like the amp. It has a wide frequency response that it lets the amps tone come out somewhat uncolored. They can be a bit bright, but thats the IIC+. They are much better in a closed back than in a combo, but they are not too shabby in an open back. My problem is I am obsessed with bottom end. With a closed back it comes out the front strong. With an open back, most of goes out the back and gives you this fusion lead tone where everthing is blended. If I use the combo, I have to use a 1X12 Thiele to even out the whole tone. They blend pretty nice and you get the best of both worlds. Good high end from the combo and good low end from the closed back. The best overall tone I have heard is through a Mesa 4X12 Standard stright cab. It's just enomous and can handle a ton of bottom end, even with the pull deep. :D

I go for a heavy bottom ended tight crunch, and I've tried the Mark IV with a Mesa 2x12 Recto, and a Marshall 4x12 1960A. For my likings, the Mesa sounds better on its own because the Marshall was very bright and lacked some bottom. But if I combine them both, I come up with a nice blend.

Back