What is the current market value of a C+ simul combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaypunch

Reaction score
So that ebay amp sold for $2076. It was a blonde head, EQ, 60/100 w/ a blonde 1x12 w/ non-matching grille & Celestion black shadow.

IMO the cabinet adds very little value to the head. I would think it's safe to say it's about a $2000 head as it sits. The black combo mentioned above has an EV and the same options as the ebay head. I would guess that the combo would sell for $2200-$2500 depending on how it was advertised.

Just my .02

a fully loaded combo in near mint to mint condition sells for about 3000. i've seen 3500, but I think that's too much!

Elpelotero said:
a fully loaded combo in near mint to mint condition sells for about 3000. i've seen 3500, but I think that's too much!

Cheap ***!!!

For a short run, a Simul-EQ-Reverb-Hardwood Combo was hitting $3800 to $ 4000.

It's an odd market and you never know what will happen. Like the Simul-EQ-Reverb-Harwood combo that went for $ 1660.

When did they let you out of the basement?

Yeah, IIC+'s got pretty pricey. I am glad to have seen them settle down some from where they topped out at though they are still on the rise.

$1660 was a fluke - a Buy it Now that last for 6 viewings, meaning 5 people didn't know what they were looking at. I don't think we can say that $1660 is in any way a "market indicator", rather just a F%$@ing major score for someone! I hope it was someone here. Z

Zoner said:
$1660 was a fluke - a Buy it Now that last for 6 viewings, meaning 5 people didn't know what they were looking at. I don't think we can say that $1660 is in any way a "market indicator", rather just a F%$@ing major score for someone! I hope it was someone here. Z

I definately was not implying that that $ 1660 amp was a market indicator.
I was in the same mind set as you. A major F%@#$% score, but I cannot complain. I bought all of mine cheaper than that, but I would have sold blood for 6 months and donated a body part to have it. I would have given an eye if it had the export.

I lucked into mine for less than that, too, though mine is a cream tolex non - E.Q. model. Still think I did well at 1k considering what else I could have gotten for that much (not much of interest and certainly nothing in the same galaxy as the IIC+). What's up with the export - are you planning to drag it around the world or is there some additional mojo to be found with that particular config? Z

P.S. Here is what I got for my 1K. I don't miss the E.Q. one bit, although I am a sucker for hardwood cabs. :wink:

IIC01.jpg

EQ's a $50 mod anyway. it's a good excuse to have Mike B look at it (first thing I'm going to have done when I buy one). No seriously, I'm going to send it to Mesa, have him adjust it to specs as "stock" as can be. Have it put in a head if its a combo. Imbuya chassis if it's tolex. Simul-class if it's not. Etc.

Oh and gts, are you looking to buy one on ebay? If so, you better do it quick, 'cause in a few months I'll be ready to outbid just about anyone.

visualrocker69 said:
Oh and gts, are you looking to buy one on ebay? If so, you better do it quick, 'cause in a few months I'll be ready to outbid just about anyone.

If a loaded C+ with the export power transormer comes up for sale, you will have some very "stiff" :wink: competition. Trust me on this one.

JOEY B. said:
visualrocker69 said:

If a loaded C+ with the export power transormer comes up for sale, you will have some very "stiff" :wink: competition. Trust me on this one.

How stiff? And what's an export tranny?

let's just say none of us on this board have ever seen one for sale, but those who know what it is cream their pants over it.......

Would anyone "in the know" care to enlighten us about what makes the export tranny so special? Are you able to mess with the voltage incoming to do the Variac thing or something? Or would we have to be killed upon receiving this info? Z

GeoBull said:
If you read my previous thread on Mk IIC I have this amp [1]. I'm the original owner and have been very happy with the amp for 22 years. I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Mike B at Mesa today and here's what I learned:

-Mike suggested the + mod strongly
--$300 w/o Reverb and EQ
--$50 more if reverb; $50 more if EQ
--I have both so my mods will be $400
--Plan on another $100 to $150 for shipping and other stuff they might find

And yes, someone who knows about the export tranny, please do tell.

Here's some stuff the search returned:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=4242&highlight=mark+export+transformer

Boogiebabies, why did you retroactively delete your replies?

visualrocker69 said:
GeoBull said:
If you read my previous thread on Mk IIC I have this amp [1]. I'm the original owner and have been very happy with the amp for 22 years. I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Mike B at Mesa today and here's what I learned:

-Mike suggested the + mod strongly
--$300 w/o Reverb and EQ
--$50 more if reverb; $50 more if EQ
--I have both so my mods will be $400
--Plan on another $100 to $150 for shipping and other stuff they might find

I think you misunderstood what GeoBull said. If I have not mistaken, he meant:

If your Mk.IIC comes with NEITHER the EQ NOR reverb, the IIC+ upgrade mod is $300. But....

If your Mk.IIC comes with EITHER the EQ OR reverb, the C+ upgrade will cost an extra $50 (i.e. $350).

If your Mk.IIC comes with BOTH the EQ AND reverb, the C+ upgrade will cost an extra $100 (i.e. $400).

I spoke with Mike B. a couple of weeks ago. Adding the EQ to a Mk.IIC+ costs $450 (this is on top of the cost for a C+ upgrade) and it will come with a Mk.III front panel since Mesa ran out of the proper front panel long time ago.

Latest posts

Back