What is the current market value of a C+ simul combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there's only $50 in parts on the EQ but having some old guy in California install it jacks the price up. ;)

Boogieman said:
visualrocker69 said:
GeoBull said:
If you read my previous thread on Mk IIC I have this amp [1]. I'm the original owner and have been very happy with the amp for 22 years. I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Mike B at Mesa today and here's what I learned:

-Mike suggested the + mod strongly
--$300 w/o Reverb and EQ
--$50 more if reverb; $50 more if EQ
--I have both so my mods will be $400
--Plan on another $100 to $150 for shipping and other stuff they might find

I think you misunderstood what GeoBull said. If I have not mistaken, he meant:

If your Mk.IIC comes with NEITHER the EQ NOR reverb, the IIC+ upgrade mod is $300. But....

If your Mk.IIC comes with EITHER the EQ OR reverb, the C+ upgrade will cost an extra $50 (i.e. $350).

If your Mk.IIC comes with BOTH the EQ AND reverb, the C+ upgrade will cost an extra $100 (i.e. $400).

I spoke with Mike B. a couple of weeks ago. Adding the EQ to a Mk.IIC+ costs $450 (this is on top of the cost for a C+ upgrade) and it will come with a Mk.III front panel since Mesa ran out of the proper front panel long time ago.

I see. It's not that I misunderstood, I just assumed that each added cost would be the same whether or not you were getting the + mod done.
But $450??? You DO mean for adding EQ alone to a IIC+, right? Why is it drastically higher than the cost of adding EQ to a + mod for a IIC?

visualrocker69 said:
I see. It's not that I misunderstood, I just assumed that each added cost would be the same whether or not you were getting the + mod done.

Hmm....I am a little confused here.

The $300 is the base charge for Mike B. to modify a plain-jane Mk.IIC (i.e. no EQ AND no reverb) to a Mk.IIC+.

But if the Mk.IIC being sent to him:

a. is already fitted with EITHER the EQ OR the reverb, the cost for the C+ mod will be $350. e.g. if the Mk.IIC already has the EQ but no reverb, the C+ mod will cost $350, and vice versa.

b. is already fitted with BOTH the EQ AND the reverb, the cost for the C+ mod will be $400 (extra $50 due to the amp having the EQ circuit, and another extra $50 due to the amp also having the reverb circuit).

In GeoBull's case, his Mk.IIC is already fitted with both the EQ and the reverb. That is why the C+ mod costs $400 ($300+$50+$50).

In my case, my Mk.IIC only has the reverb but no EQ, so the C+ mod for mine will cost $350 ($300+$50). If I want to add the EQ, it will cost an extra $450.

visualrocker69 said:
But $450??? You DO mean for adding EQ alone to a IIC+, right?

That is correct. I would assume the cost for adding the EQ would be the same ($450), whether it is a Mk.IIC or a Mk.IIC+.

visualrocker69 said:
Why is it drastically higher than the cost of adding EQ to a + mod for a IIC?

The $50 surcharge is not for retrofitting the particular feature (be it the EQ or the reverb) to a Mk.IIC that does not already have it. The charge is levied because the amp already has either one, making it more complicated for the C+ mod job. If the amp has both the EQ and the reverb, it makes it even more complicated to do the C+ mod, and hence the $100 surcharge.

But I wonder who would send a Mk.IIC to Mike B. just to add the EQ without doing the C+ mod these days? :wink:

For the record, I don't know if the reverb can be retrofitted or how much it would cost.

My apologies if I confused anyone.

Latest posts

Back