What happened to my sound? (Single Rec Solo 50 series2)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav_Lewis

Reaction score
While in the studio a few months back, the gain on modern mode just dissappeared. It used to be rip-your-face-off high gain but now I can barely get a chug out of it.

However, there is still a noticeable gain (and volume) increase when moving between raw, vintage and modern, but it just doesn't seem like there's anywhere near as much gain as when I first had it. Could this be a pre-amp valve gone bad (it's only had about 25hrs use since new)?

If so, which one is more likely to affect the gain on channel 2, V1, V2 or V3?

Also, it has started to suffer volume drop, i.e. soundcheck is ok, switch-off, come back to start gig, put on standby, power on and then the output volume has faded. Switch to standby for set-break, come back on and it's F***ing BLARING!!! Could this be an output valve gone bad? They both seem to be glowing the same level of "orange-ness!".

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Gav
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single Rec Solo50 (£1200 ($2400) in the UK, you people in the US have it so lucky :wink: !!!!!)
Framus 2x12 V30 cab
2004 LP Standard (root beer)
2005 SG Standard (cherry)

Latest posts

Back