What is happening with my Mini Rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfT85

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need your help regarding a strange problem with my Mini Rec.

A couple of weeks ago I was jamming around with my Mini Recto in the 10 watt setting at bedroom level...Suddenly I experienced a volume and gain drop and a loud hum occured.

Played around a little, the problem persisted...Had to crank the volume to reach bedroom level and the amp sounded ugly.
Then I flicked into standby and back to normal, everything the same...Then suddenly the volume was completely gone...

Okay I thought, must be some tube...Flicked to standby and prepared myself to swap some tubes...But before I did I switched to normal and the amp was working fine...No hum and perfect sound! Played some more minutes and everything was okay...

Some days ago I was jamming and the problem reoccured. I experienced a lout hum noise and a loss in volume. The amp sounded weak and thin. I was jamming in channel II in the 10 w setting...
It also occurred in channel I that also was set to 10w. Leaving the amp as it was, I just flicked to the 25w setting and the problems were gone...The amp still sounded a little weak, but the hum noise was gone and so was the volume drop.

I have already talked to a Mesa tech, they told me to contact a local distributor tech to have the amp look at. He doesn't think it is the tubes.

But before I send my amp away: Anyone experienced a similar problem? Any solutions?
The amp is only a couple of months old...

Had the same issue with my mini as well, ended up sending it to Mesa Boogie to have fixed. They just fixed the amp and shipped out yesterday. I would send it to them, it will not cost you :D

Latest posts

Back