What guitars do you play through your Rectifiers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejay

Reaction score
I saw the Telecaster thread and I thought it was actually a really cool idea - so what does everyone use?? I personally use a few different models of Gibsons - LP BFG, LP VM, SG Standard, Explorer... I've used many others but these are my goto guitars.

in the last couple of months i got rid of my triple rec for a mark IIc but
when i was using my triple rec i used gibson standard esp truckster and now esp eclipse II standard

My two main guitars are an Ibanez RG470 and a RG520QS, both EMG equipped ( 81/81 & 81/60) and ran at 18volts. Other than that, an ESP Edwards Explorer w/ EMG's and i used to have a Fender Strat that had a great blues sound when ran through my Triple Rec.

-AJH

these are my main axes

OutsideHGS2.jpg

IMG_1468-1.jpg

And here's the ESP Horizon that I stupidly sold a few years ago that I'm currently looking for again

IMAG0048-1.jpg

I use a stock, late model LP std, and a mid 90s Hamer standard explorer with emg zakk wylde set in it... I have been jonesin for a texas type strat for a long time.. but it'll have to wait..

An Ibanez SZ320ex and Ibanez SZ720fm both with locking tuners and active Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Maxon OD-808 should be here by Friday.

Jackson DK2T with a Duncan Distortion. Getting a LP sometime soon, which I imagine will sound fucking sweet.

TheMagicEight said:
screamingdaisy said:
Les Paul - JB/59
Les Paul - Gibson P90s
Les Paul - EMG 81 (bridge pickup only)
How do you like the JB with your LP?

It's alright. I can never make up my mind if I like that pickup or not, so I just leave it in there and worry about other things.

USA Jackson SL1T with Dimarzio PAF Pros
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige with Dimarzio PAF Pro

fluff191 said:
An Ibanez SZ320ex and Ibanez SZ720fm both with locking tuners and active Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Maxon OD-808 should be here by Friday.

I keep hearing about the Maxon OD808; be sure to post a review after you get a chance to mess with it! Maybe I should look into getting one... hmm....

Wow...my list is getting pretty long.

PRS 20th Anniversary CU22 w/ EMGs (85b/81n) @ 18V
PRS 20th Anniversary Singlecut w/ Suhr Aldrich
PRS Singlecut w/ EMGs @18V
Ibanez Custom RG7620/1527 Hybrid w/ Lundgren M7...just got this one yesterday...I'll post back on how she sounds :twisted:
Fender USA Deluxe Strat

ESP M-II NTB with EMG 81's.

I was using an Ibanez SZ4020 and SZ320 but sold them to purchase a Fender Strat that I recently traded for a Dual Rec. Trying to figure out what to get as a second guitar...LTD EC-401VF maybe...

Flaxwood Voima, amazing guitar if you haven't heard of them.

Charvel USA San Dimas SH 1.

Hamer USA Diablo 1994.

All passive pickups all SD's, I'm not a fan of EMGS or actives.

I have a pair of Gibson Les Pauls, 1960 Reissue Classic's

The black one is a 2004 model and the burst is a 1989 model. I love these guitars. I also have a Strat, ES-135 and a 1972 GoldTop, but the Classics just do it for me.

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

Back