What do you think of this rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick_cor said:
Mark IV + Mark IIC+ blended together using a Lehle pedal to make a super badass rhythm tone?
i've just taken a look at lehle website... what's the difference between the Dual and the Splitter?Is it only the possibility to use only amp A or only amp B with the Dual (that's actually a big difference :) )? How do these signal splitter work? does your signal become weaker if splitted?
btw, that video with the car passing over the pedal and switching from dirt to clean is awesome!

The Dual is better because outputs A and B are isolated from eachother and they're using a certain transformer.. t he LTHZ so humming loops are impoosible..with the dual , you can choose whcih output you want to use and you can choose how strong the singal is.. my guess is that it's just a higher quality unit.. something you would want to use with a high end amp.

Both the DUAL and P-split use the LTHZ to help reduce ground loop hum. The DUAL will allow switching between AND combining the amps, as well as the level control of each amp. The P-split will only divide the signal equally between two amps. I am going to try the IIC+ and Mark IV together tomorrow night if time permits. The MK IV has all STR-440 6L6 with Tung Sol 12AX7's and the C+ has STR-440 6L6's/STR-447 EL34's with GT12AX7M's. It should be an adventure. 2 combos and 2 thiele extension cabs, 4 EVM-12L drivers and 1 ratty old Gibson with SD Pearly Gates. OOHHH YEAHH.

So far the nasty Images and Words tone is from using a IIC+ or preferably the Green stripe III split with the 92 DR on the red channel.

Now, for pure nastinest, the G-Flex cab through a IIC+ gives you all that and a bag of blue vorn chips. The MK III and IV qualify as well with a sense of a higher fidelity, but less attack and urgency.

Well, this is a riff I recorded with a Mark IV & dual recto simultaneously... (used a Tonebone splitter). I think the Mark IV is on the right, dual recto on the left, both are going through speaker simulators (palmer & motherload). I love the tone I'm getting with this setup.

http://download.yousendit.com/90A40089051D8DEE

Boogiebabies said:
So far the nasty Images and Words tone is from using a IIC+ or preferably the Green stripe III split with the 92 DR on the red channel.

Now, for pure nastinest, the G-Flex cab through a IIC+ gives you all that and a bag of blue vorn chips. The MK III and IV qualify as well with a sense of a higher fidelity, but less attack and urgency.

Hey man, I have no fricken clue what you said right there except that I can get the images and words tone using a dual rectifier + a mark III green stripe ?? and by nasty , did you that literly.. like bad tone? just curious

JOEY B. said:
Both the DUAL and P-split use the LTHZ to help reduce ground loop hum. The DUAL will allow switching between AND combining the amps, as well as the level control of each amp. The P-split will only divide the signal equally between two amps. I am going to try the IIC+ and Mark IV together tomorrow night if time permits. The MK IV has all STR-440 6L6 with Tung Sol 12AX7's and the C+ has STR-440 6L6's/STR-447 EL34's with GT12AX7M's. It should be an adventure. 2 combos and 2 thiele extension cabs, 4 EVM-12L drivers and 1 ratty old Gibson with SD Pearly Gates. OOHHH YEAHH.

So how's it going man!

Nick_cor said:
Boogiebabies said:

Hey man, I have no fricken clue what you said right there except that I can get the images and words tone using a dual rectifier + a mark III green stripe ?? and by nasty , did you that literly.. like bad tone? just curious

it seems like yes and yes

Nick_cor said:
Boogiebabies said:

it seems like yes and yes

Boogiebabies said:

Really? i thought petrucci used a triaxis or a quad in I&W... and the setup you mentioned i thought was for Awake...

Finally got a chance to hook the two amps together. Amazing depth considering that there were two open back cabs as well as the thieles. The only downside is that when you get each of the amps in their respective " tone zones", the volume is almost unbearable. This might be okay for a recording session or a very large live gig. Like I have said in some of my other posts, these are NOT bedroom level practice amps. If someone could explain to me how to post pics without using a third party site, I will post some photos of this setup. Be sure and explain it as if you were talking to a novice, as I am fairly ignorant when it comes to computers.

Back