What cabinet/s do you guys use with your 2 channel Recto???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, this is what i am trying to get across from the people that are like, get the Mills, or get his cab or that cab. Honestly the only way you will truly know if you like it is by playing the different cabs.

TheMagicEight said:
mcaviel said:
Elixir said:
Unreal. There's a Framus Dragon 4x12 only minutes away from me for a reasonable price. Has anyone played this cab? It has Vintage 30's in them.

I Got a new Roadster in mid Feb and bought a new Framus Dragon 4x12 cab due to i live in Israel and we don't have mesa dealer or any real good cab.

All i can say about this cab is only bad things, it was very fizzy cab (till i switched the cab i tried anything to cure this fizz, set of JJ from eurotubes, MXR EQ) and still no good sound, the dist sound was like a big blanket on the amp and the overall sound was not useful also pedals sounded bad. at this time i was very upset cause my 2000$ Amp sounded more lame than my laney VC30 that cost 1/3 of this amp
I even opened the cab to see if theres really a V30 in it.
after two months i switched the cab to ENGL Std 4x12 V60 and never looked back Great cab no fizz with Big Fat Sound!

go and try your amp with the cab before you buy any cab maybe you will love it maybe not.
+1. I bought a Basson B412 after hearing numerous rave reviews, and wound up HATING the thing! I'm now a proud Recto 4x12 owner; couldn't be happier.

I have an old 2ch recto and I use it with an ancient Crate front loaded tall cab loaded with 70s Celestion G12 25m's sounds great the crate cabis made from lite weight plywood and is very resonant.

Latest posts

Back