What cab for Stiletto Deuce stage I?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin1011

Reaction score
I'm really considering getting a new cab, but not sure which one. I'm currently using a Marshall 1936 (2x12) with V30's. I think it sounds too grainy and loose. There is a matching cab for the Stiletto now right? Does anyone have pics of one, I can't seem to find it on Mesa's website.

In a 4X12 cab I particularly like Greenbacks or G12H 55Hz originals, Rola's, etc., not the Anniversary re-issues. Both of these models dance well with the Stiletto's Marshall like tone and IMO a heck of a lot more musical than V-30's especially when you clean it up. I've gone through no less than 28 speaker combinations, two types in one cab, etc., in the last two years, loading 4X12 and 2X12 Mesa and Marshall cabs, including closed and open backs. Bottom line is your own ears. All said for the Stiletto, if we we're to talk Recto, then that's a whole different story...to make it short a combination of G12H's and Vintage 30's was the magic ticket with my DR 3-CH.

Starting in this year's ProNet, the traditional cab is listed as the Stilletto traditional, and the standard cab is listed as the Rectifier standard.

Melvin1011 said:
I'm really considering getting a new cab, but not sure which one. I'm currently using a Marshall 1936 (2x12) with V30's. I think it sounds too grainy and loose. There is a matching cab for the Stiletto now right? Does anyone have pics of one, I can't seem to find it on Mesa's website.

I have the Stiletto stage I and i use the Mesa 4X12 traditional slant cab . The best thing I ever did for my rig . Its smaller than the recto standard. I think if you download the the Mesa catalog from the mesa site you should have your picture of one . I highly recomend the traditional 4x12 cab .

You didn't state what type of cab you were looking for so..

I'm more interested in the 1x12/2x12s for portability. The Roadster and Stiletto cabs seem to be the same design except the Roadster is ported and the Stiletto is closed. The only difference I can tell between the 2x12s is the silver piping on the Stiletto.

If my Roadster ported-back combo ever gets here, my next amp will be an EL34 1x12 combo with closed back, rear casters removed from the combos should provide some tilt back or a matching cab underneath for more volume.

Latest posts

Back