What bands use Rectifiers?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jtb226 said:
MetalHorse442 said:
Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Disturbed used one on the sickness, Tool, System of a Down, Falling up, Decyfer Down, Ektomorf, Stonesour, Creed, Alterbridge, Metallica, Dream Theater, Pillar, Avril Lavigne, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and a few others I can't think of right now. Not saying I like all of the above artists but those are ones that came to mind from the artist list at mesa for recto players.

Three Days Grace = Diezel
Breaking Benjamin = Randall
Godsmack = Diezel and Splawn with some Recto

Those are current rigs I'm pretty sure. Not sure what 3DG used in the past. Breaking Ben has used H&K in the past. Godsmack definitely used Rectos in the past, but he (Tony) uses mostly Diezel and Splawn now I think. Sully might still use Rectos. Not sure.

The first 3 days grace record was all mesa. Breaking Benjamin records with randalls but uses mesa's live, they did last time I saw them. And yeah Godsmack is starting to go the diezel way but always recto in the past.

Correct,

Godsmack,, was all recto's up till last album, I think they had alot better tone with the recto's.

Here is a list of bands I have seen play them live. For bigger lists goto MB site and seperate by product http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/art_gall.php My list here includes people that use, tremoverbs, rectoverbs, rackmounts, single/dual/triple and roadsters and roadkings

Avenged Sevenfold
Killswitch Engage
Thursday
Godsmack
Everclear
Bush
Sound Garden
Candle Box
Good charlotte
Korn
Creed/Alter Bridge
Adema
Buckethead
coheed and cabria
the darkness
devil driver
Duran Duran
Seether
Trapt
Limp
breaking ben
Kittie
Hoobastank
Guitarist for James Brown on last tour.
New Found Glory
Fall Out Boy
Avril
Sum 41
Blink 182
Ataries
Canibal Corpse
AFI
Thrice
Weezer (recorded Green album, dual 2 channel mixed with Mod Marshall)
Fuel (new albums he switched to recto's)
Simple Plan
Bowling for Soup
POD
Foo Fighters
Tool
Factory 81
Stabbing westward
Mudvayne
Nickelback
MXPX
Lindsey buckingham (tremoverbs)
Incubus
Ash
Widespread Panic
Kings X
Disturbed
Eve 6
Maroon 5 (adam uses recto's)
69 Eyes
All Time Low
Amber Pacific
As I lay Dying
Bad Brains
Bleed The Dream
Chevelle
From Autumn To Ashes
Hawthrone Heights (Rip Casey)
Linkin Park
Metallica
Offspring
Queensryche (used duals for awhile)
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Senses Fail
Taking Back Sunday
Unwritten Law
Yellowcard
Lee Ritenour
Dream Theater
Andrew WK
Amber Pacific

There are many more, but this is all i can think of off the top of my head. In the last ten years I have gone to many many many shows, and up till the last two years, almost every show I would goto had at least one band member that used a rec. But in the last two years bands have moved away from them.

MetalHorse442 said:
jtb226 said:
MetalHorse442 said:
Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Disturbed used one on the sickness, Tool, System of a Down, Falling up, Decyfer Down, Ektomorf, Stonesour, Creed, Alterbridge, Metallica, Dream Theater, Pillar, Avril Lavigne, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and a few others I can't think of right now. Not saying I like all of the above artists but those are ones that came to mind from the artist list at mesa for recto players.

Three Days Grace = Diezel
Breaking Benjamin = Randall
Godsmack = Diezel and Splawn with some Recto

Those are current rigs I'm pretty sure. Not sure what 3DG used in the past. Breaking Ben has used H&K in the past. Godsmack definitely used Rectos in the past, but he (Tony) uses mostly Diezel and Splawn now I think. Sully might still use Rectos. Not sure.

The first 3 days grace record was all mesa. Breaking Benjamin records with randalls but uses mesa's live, they did last time I saw them. And yeah Godsmack is starting to go the diezel way but always recto in the past.

Buckethead was mentioned in the post above yours, anothersomeone. When I saw Breaking Benjamin a few years ago, they were using Diezels.

Here's one that may shock you:

Garth Brooks - I saw a clip from one of his concerts and there were 2 or 3 Recto fullstacks in the background.

Some others:

Revis
Gavin DeGraw
Earshot
Ra
Finger Eleven
Puddle of Mudd
12 Stones
Stereomud
Soil
Audiovent
Sevendust
Flaw
Cold
Dark New Day

lockbody said:
Rocky said:
Bruce Dickenson said:
Most of what you hear on Soundgarden albums is actually a Peavey JTM120. I have an interview in a mag wit Kim and he calls the VTM the greatest amp on the planet.

I used to own a VTM120, and almost every club we played I would get comments from the other musicians or the soundman along the lines of "That's the best Peavey I've ever heard." Really underrated amps.

All guitar tracks on my latest CD were a DR/VTM layered. Very pleasing tones.

MetalMatt said:
I saw Sonata Arctica in SF a few months back. The guitarist, Elias, was shredding on a 3Ch Recto. Sounded awesome!

actually he plays a roadking. me and him talked about it for a bit after the show in october.
10-07-07152.jpg

PirateMetalTroy said:
Elias is no Janni. But he plays the parts fairly well.
DSCF0650.jpg
DSCF0536.jpg

too bad Jani is stuck playing with Paul DiAnno now.

everyone "uses" a recto and many people have used a recto but i think the more important question is who needs a recto to give them their signature sound. so many bands on that list dont use rectos (killswitch, avenged, 311, as i lay dying but thats just from what ive personally whitnessed so im sure theres more)

there are some pretty nice lists there but just a couple bands that I didn't see who I know use rectos are

Bad Religion
A Wilhelm Scream
Bullet For My Valentine
Bayside

All pretty sweet bands.

Oh... and Yellowcard.... :?

About Soundgarden earlier...they used Rectifiers exclusively on Superunknown according to an interview they gave. They said thry went for a brighter sound than they wer eused to and KT just said he would set it up differently for leads. I remember they also said they used the Tube Rectifier mode becsuse it gave them a warmer "rock" kind of sound.

Back