What are you settings for IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilkNCereal

Reaction score
I've been mostly a jammer and have played with other people but this was the first time with the IIc+. I didn't sit well in the mix, I was to dark. I'm using an American Strat with a maple neck and stock single coils. I need help dialing in a good rhythm tone. I don't play lead as often but I got that already set. Oh, and my cab is a marshall 1960a with g12t-75 speakers. Any help? Thanks.

-Ryan

It is 100/60 watt model with reverb and graphic. It is a head with a Marshall 4x12A with g12t-75 speakers.

These are with a gibson LP. You may have to pull the bass shift knob out as well as push in the Voume 1 and/or the Lead Master knobs for the single coils. The Eq was in a V-pattern with the 750 hz slider just below the middle line.

Vol. 1= 8 pulled
Treble= 8 pulled
Bass = 2
Mid =2
Master=5 pulled
Lead Drive =6 pulled
Lead master=3.5 pulled
Presence= 3

Thanks Joey B. Those settings were great. Am I assuming right that they were gigging levels? Because I didn't realize it but just one note on the clean and it was LOUD! Haha. I love my boogie. What kind of cab do you have with yours? I'm thinking of looking for a thiele with a evm 12l. Any other suggestion I should go for?

Having the master up that high really opens the amp up tone wise. I was unsure if those settings would sound good with the difference in guitars. I'm glad they worked for you, and you surely won't get lost in the mix now. As for the cabs, the EV thiele or maybe the Genz Benz G-Flex that many on this board are raving about. I am still searching for one of the old Boogie halfback celestion/EV 2x12 or 4x12 cabs to try out. I want to hear one with my gear before I lay down the cash though.

go to gearslutz.com, do a search on the first forum for "flemming rasmussen." he produced metallica in the old days. you should get a lot of results about master of puppets. somewhere in there is a link for all the handwritten studio notes of master of puppets and justice albums. i'd look for it now, but i go to go somewhere soon. the petrucci settings i'll try to find in my computer later.

Latest posts

Back