What a cool looking amp!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox5150

Reaction score
Chaps,

Been enquiring with the UK distributor to see if they've heard anything yet about the rumoured short-body head and combo, which they haven't. However, he sent me across this picture of head and cab in a custom finish and just, wow!

MesaElectradyne.jpg

If this ever makes its way to the UK, it shall be mine!

formisano said:
Rumored? You haven't seen the short head yet? They are out now:

Have you got a link to the specifications - I'm really intrigued to find out how much this weighs? I don't suppose you've found anything about the short body combo that's supposed to be coming out as well?

Well this is a REAL ***-chapper for me. When I talked to customer service at Boogie 2 months ago about a 23" wide Electra Dyne, I was told that there had been no talk of it. Maybe my call sparked some interest? Or they were already working on it undercover. Whichever the case may be, I'm glad to see the "medium" width Electra Dyne make an appearance. 8)

See this thread: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39655

fox5150 said:
formisano said:

......I don't suppose you've found anything about the short body combo that's supposed to be coming out as well?

I'm pretty sure there won't be a 23" combo, as that would affect the volume of the speaker cab, which I think is part of the magic of the ElectraDyne combo.

formisano said:
fox5150 said:
formisano said:

......I don't suppose you've found anything about the short body combo that's supposed to be coming out as well?

I'm pretty sure there won't be a 23" combo, as that would affect the volume of the speaker cab, which I think is part of the magic of the ElectraDyne combo.

Think again...
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41928

I will say, having played my ED through a 1x12 recto cab, I think this small combo will kick ***!

And the Express series have killer cleans, so if it is the same cab as that, I don't think the cleans will suffer.

But I do agree, the combo cab being as big as it is does have a big effect on tone. But I think it will still kick *** in a smaller version. Especially when you consider the ED has gobs low end to spare.

primal said:
Think again...

I'll eat my words if I am wrong on this one, but...

When that guy gets his amp and measures the width, it will be the same as all the rest of the ElectraDyne combos.

formisano said:
primal said:
Think again...

I'll eat my words if I am wrong on this one, but...

When that guy gets his amp and measures the width, it will be the same as all the rest of the ElectraDyne combos.

I'm going to wait and see if anything's announced at NAMM and then make a decision. My only concern with the standard combo is the weight, but I want one so will have to live with it. Still toying with a head and cab though, but much prefer the convenience of a combo.

Latest posts

Back