Weird volume issue?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarGuy510

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone had an issue where the master volume doesn't actually increase the volume at all? I sold mine to a guy locally today in quite literally mint condition and he's saying adjusting the master doesn't increase the volume. I know it wasn't doing that 4 hours ago so I'm not sure with all the toggles and switches on this amp if there is some sort of weird bypass option or similar that could do that? All the power amp tubes are lighting and again since it was working before I drove it 15 mins to meet him I'm not really sure what exactly could be the problem and without the amp in front of me I can't even begin to try to troubleshoot it. :( Any help would be most appreciated, if it's just something simple we're both overlooking that would be perfect. :) Thanks!

thegaindeli said:
Tell him to make sure he has the FX loop engaged... i.e. turned on at the back of the amp. It works in concert with the FX loop, and master controls.

Dude I think that might be it, I had it engaged and he said "I didn't want it messing with the tone so I turned it off" .... you might be right! :D Now if only he would answer his phone!!!! :lol:

Just heard from him on TGP, turns out you were correct, it was the loop being disengaged. Thanks so much bro, you have saved both of us a good deal of stress and headache!!! :D

Latest posts

Back