Weight of Mk V Combo (+ Head)?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure its going to be within +/- 5 lbs..... weight of the MK IV Wide Body Combo/Medium Head.

Did the digital scale thing me with combo MkV in my arms (like my baby) minus myself = 68 lbs. I don't know about the MkIV but I find this baby on the heavy side, but again I would'nt have complained 20 years ago.

LPJunky said:
Did the digital scale thing me with combo MkV in my arms (like my baby) minus myself = 68 lbs. I don't know about the MkIV but I find this baby on the heavy side, but again I would'nt have complained 20 years ago.

Thanks LPJ. I appreciate the trouble you have taken to answer my question.

I hear where you're coming from regarding the weight thing. I have a Mk IV small body combo (70+ lbs), a Vibro-King (~70 lbs), a 1982 JCM800 2204 half stack (heavy AND big!) and a 57 Tweed Twin (~45 lbs). Add the road cases and these things get kind of tiring to lug up stairs on your lonesome. So the TT gets most of the gigging. And yes, 20 years ago I tossed Marshall quads around no problem, but these days, fuggedaboutit. :lol:

Cheers!

Well I swapped my combo for a head. Now I much prefer twi trip with (44 lbs MkV head) and 49 lbs (2x12" THD) than a single 68 lbs combo. To each his own. 2x12" vs 1x12 is also much beter tone wise.

LPJunky said:

My Bubinga Hardwood (compact) 1x12 MK IV Combo with EV weighs in the neighborhood of 80 lbs..

Latest posts

Back