we all missed it.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104706805

its already sold.

not sure if it was a modded c, or a 60 watter or what.
good deal either way.
oh well.

You're not going to believe this.. my dad just bought that.

He called me this morning and told me he saw it randomly and I told him to buy it immediately.

It's fully loaded and not an upgrade.

If he doesn't care for it you can bet I'll be the next owner of it. 8)

Platypus said:
You're not going to believe this.. my dad just bought that.

He called me this morning and told me he saw it randomly and I told him to buy it immediately.

It's fully loaded and not an upgrade.

If he doesn't care for it you can bet I'll be the next owner of it. 8)

Super Cool! 8)

lol.. he just called me and I gave him some settings to try. I had him play it through the phone and he got a few chords into it before going 'HOLY ****' followed by 'I GOTTA GO, CALL YOU LATER'

LOL

another C+ addict is born :)

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

JOEY B. said:
Plug that EV into the 4 ohm output and lower the presence to around 3 for a sweet Class-A experience. 8)

Wow, what a difference THAT made..........I really appreciate the coaching as I'm a fish out of water with this amp as I've been hopelessly hooked on Tweeds which require very little work. My son came to the rescue with his fave setting ..........interesting that he wasn't as impressed with his Nocaster versus his R-8.......I actually like my Nocaster (guess who got him hooked on a Nocaster..:))with it as well as my R-4.......not quite as thick. First impressions are that it's certainly very easy to get great sound (ie., eternal sustaining creamy distortion) with this IF you have the right setting of course but at the same time it certainly is a players amp........the more you put in the more you get out which is also a two edge sword as garbage in is garbage out ! It's like a pallett of creative tonal expressions that I can see so far is very fun to "coax" and guide sounds out of..........thanks again.

:D :D Very nice! Nice pictures too!

I used to go to CEDIA every year in Indianapolis. 1 year, I got the chance to go to the GC there.

They had a very nice selection of used Fenders & Boogies, but I had no money.

Monsta-Tone said:
:D :D Very nice! Nice pictures too!

I used to go to CEDIA every year in Indianapolis. 1 year, I got the chance to go to the GC there.

They had a very nice selection of used Fenders & Boogies, but I had no money.

Thanks, me too as I was in the hi-fi business for 35 years.

Wow, very clean. Except for some wear on the faceplate and some surface rust on the tranny, she's perfect ...impressive! Congrats!!

Edward

gts said:
One interesting item is it has the IIC face plate.

It's a good example of Mesa's frugal nature using up all the IIC face plates which had "Gain Boost" vs "Pull Deep" over the Master. So never look away thinking it's only a IIC if it has the "wrong" faceplate. This is another one for the history books.

As stated in the "C+ Guide for Dummies" they seem to have used whatever they had on hand (or could find) when they made them. I have an earlier build (maybe one of the earliest) which has the "Pull Deep" face plate. This is a very early one having that serial number so it stands to reason that it has the "Gain Boost" face plate. Very cool!!

Yea my son Platypus couldn't wait for me to get home and do the 'ol IIC+ effects loop test just to be sure. I feel like a guitar god with the way this thing rips out power chords when you really dig in the strings.......very fun especially as my wife's out of town for a whole week :lol:

Platypus said:
lol.. he just called me and I gave him some settings to try. I had him play it through the phone and he got a few chords into it before going 'HOLY sh!t' followed by 'I GOTTA GO, CALL YOU LATER'

LOL

another C+ addict is born :)
You should have told him some really crappy settings.

Latest posts

Back