Watch your tubes!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
So...playing today in my darkend livingroom, I could watch my recitifer tubes saturate as I played, and the blue hue in the el34's brighten, and turn almost purple with my cranked stiletto. The harder I dug in, the brighter and deeper the colour got in the el34's. With the 5u4gt's, the plates seemed to glow a bit at the top(not the heater, the black plate), it getting brighter and farther down the plate as I played harder. When I muted the strings, the blueness goes away isntantly, and the rectifier tubes go back to normal. You can literally watch the tube being driven hard as hard, saturating and distorting with my playing, changing with pick attack and volume pot adjustments. This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen...check it out yourself.

I use to watch my tubes too............back in the 60's when we had something good to smoke. :shock: :lol:

The 5U4's shouldnt glow like that,watch that one closely,so you can see it die!What brand are they?

You don't need to be stoned to enjoy the glow of tubes!

As Homer once said : "..warm glowing warming glow" :p

t0aj15 said:
I use to watch my tubes too............back in the 60's when we had something good to smoke. :shock: :lol:

This quote should be on a T-Shirt! 8)

You know, there's a reason why you stand in front of an amp, where you can't see the tubes...

To Hear Them!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back