warranty question (answered!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I was going to call Mesa today, but they are closed till Monday...

I am buying an '06 Rectoverb combo this weekend. The seller is the original owner but never registered the warranty and does not have the original receipt. He said his buddy that has worked at the local music shop where he purchased the amp can reprint the receipt for him. Now, here are my questions:

1) will the reprint be acceptable to register the warranty and if so

2) is there a 90 day period where the warranty must be registered after purchase or else the warranty is void?

Thanks fellas - I'm only posting this because Mesa is closed today and i'm picking up the amp this weekend. Sorry...

I have asked Mesa this question in the past. According to them at the time, and everything can change, the serial number or copy should be enough. I was also told there is no 90 registration period.

Awesome. Let's hope you are correct on both accounts. I guess I'll found out when I call them Monday to try to register my new (to me) amp...

Anyone else with any info on this subject?

Mesa's warranty specifies that it has to be filled out and sent in within a certain amount of time, but I don't think that's leagally binding.

My warranty card said that you have 30 days to have filled out the warranty card and sent it to mesa if you purchased from an authorized dealer. When you purchase it preowned, you have to get it changed over within 10 days and you need a bill of sale form + original.

Make sure you can verify this with your seller and if you ask to see the warranty card, it will say all of this. Try to get it changed over before you pay and ask for a discount if it doesn't fly.

This is why I always assume that there is no warranty on buying preowned mesa stuff.

I've been able to transfer the warranty of two of my Mesas by simply calling Mesa and giving them the serial number. The only difference is that someone already had registered it. This one has not been registered. I've owned 3 out-of-warranty Mesas with no problems, but the benefit of buying a new-ish Mesa for $1000 is that it has the warranty (or at least I thought)... I'm not too happy about how this is sounding TBH...

I've had the same experience as BobL where they have told me a serial number or receipt is enough.
The serial number should be printed on the receipt and the warranty is transferable.

Mike - was the amp registered to start with and you had them transfer the warranty or were you the first to register it?

I was the first to register it, but I questioned the customer service rep on it and that's the info I got from him. If you get a copy of the receipt with the serial number on it, your warranty is good. No need for the other red tape, that was the bottom line. Please let me know what you find out after talking with them on Monday. I would be very interested to know.

I alerted the seller to make sure the serial number is on the receipt when he has them reprint it tomorrow. I hope this does the trick!

Do you have it yet? I'm curious what you think about it Adam. Hey don't forget that a 2x12 rectifier cab really combines well with the C90.

Oh, and post some clips, I'm curiuos what to hear what that Keeley modded SD-1 will do slamming the front of the preamp section.

Best of luck.

Hey clutch - i'm picking her up tomorrow! I'll definitely post a review and include the SD-1's tone difference as well...

Picked up the amp yesterday and it looks and sounds awesome! I'm calling Mesa today to see if the receipt with the serial number and everything on it that the seller had reprinted will be enough to register it for the first time. Hopefully so! I thought it was interesting that the receipt had the original date of purchase on it. I guess they have that on file somehow. The only thing that will hurt me now is whether they go by the 30 day policy or not for registering it. I'll update after lunch... I'm crossing my fingers...

EDIT: I called and left a message with Marcus at about 12:15PM...

Wow. Mesa customer service rocks! All i had to do was have the seller email me his contact info saying that he sold the amp to me and forward that email to the tech I talked to along with a scan of the receipt (which had the serial number on it!) and it is now in my name! I feel so much better knowing my investment is protected for a few more years!

Oh - I PMed clutch the following:

Had some time last night to mess with the RoV and hook up the pedals too. The SD-1 sounds great with the RoV! I have the SD set at gain=0, level=8, and tone to taste and it works for both bluesy, purring, tweed tones in the clean channel as well as an awesome boost in the OD channel. I'm still trying to decide how I am going to use my EQ, DS-1, compressor, and the RoV's solo button on the footswitch for switching b/w leads and solos! I may have to expand my board to include a looper so I can hit one switch to turn like 3 pedals on/off at the same time... Figuring it out is half the fun!

I will also add that the SD-1 does tighten things up a little more - even though the KT77's tighten things up for the most part. It sounds incredible for leads and utterly brutal when combined with the EQ for rhythms!

.. hey MusicMan, that's good news about the warranty switch.
Marcus is the guy that hooked me up when I registered, too.
I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

Yeah, Marcus is a cool dude - he had it registered 10 minutes after I sent him all the required documentation! Can't beat that. It's under warranty until 2/9/2012!!

Back