Wah with Mark 4?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
could someone suggest a wah to use with my mark 4?i like a vintage hendrix type sound..but something that can be used with high gain.thanks for any input.

This is all personal preference....

Your best bet is to go to GC or a local music store and try some out!

.... but you cant go wrong with a plain old Cry Baby wah.

Dunlop 535Q. It has different adjustments, giving you the flexibility to dial in the "right" amount of throw on the pedal as well as the width of the "wah". I use it with my Mark IV and my Heartbreaker and can adjust on the fly.

Dunlop MXR C.A.E. MC 404 wah looks sick...has dual fasel conductor..built in clean boost..internal trim pots to adjust tons of ****, true bypass..i think its way more versatile then the 535Q and most crybaby according to PGS

http://proguitarshop.com/store/wah-pedals-c-18/dunlop-mxr-mc-404-cae-wah-pedal-p-977

The only one I really like that i've tried is a Morley. I got the Volume Wah so I can use it as a volume pedal when it's switched off. It actually has a boost knob that works like an overdrive. It sounds great with my Mark IV and FIVE. Try one out. Personally I think the crybaby sucks, but I know lots of pros use the rackmount version maybe it's different the the regular pedal.

The Jimi Hendrix Wah by Dunlop is the best IMO. It has a very throaty sound. I spent alot of time looking for a wah that isn't to bright and this one fit the bill. Another one to look into is the Buddy Guy wah. However if you like super treble when you engage the wah there's the Kirk Hammet, Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, or Slash. The Slash is the best of those.

I play a Strat with dimarzio virtual vintage p/u and found the Dunlop tone too thin with the single coils. Switched to a Vox V847 and I've used it ever since. I have used it through DC-3, Roadster, VHT and Mark IV. Sounds great to me.

Just picked up a Dunlop Kirk Hammett and I am really liking it, not to sound like Kirk of course, but it is has a lot of gain and sweep. Much more exciting than the Original Cry Baby. Also, have a Morley Tremonti wah. I like it because of the optical pot and spring loaded pedal. Got a 595Q as well. It is alright. Probably one of the best on the market right now is the new CAE Bradshaw wah. A couple voicings on it and it has a built in boost.

Steve

Latest posts

Back