Voodooman Update

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
i decided that i was so tired of messing with the multiple switches for my Mark IIIs ... so i scoured the eBay for a solution after missing someone else's sales here of a VM switch. i decided to bite the bullet and just buy the **** thing off eBay. i figured through paypal i could recoup my $100 in a month and it was not like i needed it for rent or food. so i bought it and almost instantly had regrets based on everyone else's past experience.

i monitored my purchase for a shipment and when it was not here when expected - i sent the seller an e-mail. they responded almost immediately with "i'm waiting on a part" excuse which sounded like the VM of old. i responded with "BS - i'm getting a refund - you are up to your old tricks VM" ...

the response i received was "i am not VM, i bought the design and rights and i will eat the shipping cost since it is late". guess what. it arrived today. the company name on eBay is ft_sales. this switch looks great - is brand new - and i think most people who have one of them would agree that they work fine. by no means an advertisement, but i bet several of you (like me) have been waiting for a reasonable alternative to the 3 tiny switches for our amps ...

VooDooMan (under the previous owner) was also Black Label Switches? I believe I read that on another board but would like some confirmation.
I've been waiting on a Mesa studio preamp 3 button switch since mid April from BLS. I got in contact with a human being on the phone today for the first time after many many messages left with no response. I've gotten a tracking number however, it only offers up an acknowledgment of an electronic intent to ship on the 8th. I'm just crossing my fingers.....and planning a call to my bank.

Of course these may not be the same folks at all. (Again, crossing fingers) If not I don't want this added to VM's already bad rep.

that is not the person i dealt with - this guy is doing business as ft_sales on eBay and his name is Tino F. following is a copy of our last correspondence:

Hello,I fully understand. It seems that our business has been affected by "Voodooman's" reputation on a few occasions. We are not the same group as the Voodooman, we have an agreement to build product in California according to his specifications and name. Again I am sorry for the delay. You will see tracking within the hour and it should report as trackable within a couple hours after that depending upon how long it takes USPS to have the records updated.Thanks again for your business.Tino F.- ft_sales

all he promised here is true - i received is as promised here - brand new and as described and he credited me for shipping.

I thought about taking a chance on VM, but instead I decided to go with Switch-Doctor. I got that trapezoid shaped 4-button with the attached cable assembly that terminates into the three 1/4" jacks: right angle for Lead, straight for Rhythm, and TRS for REV/EQ. The only thing I didn't like about it was the logo, so I actually slapped a piece of electric tape over it, and I never notice it anymore. Anyway, the switch works great, and they shipped it immediately.

It's nice to know that VM got somebody more reliable to make the stuff though.

Thanks for the post.

I agree with all the Voodooman horror stories in this thread. I had a nightmare experience with Voodooman Switches in 2012. Avoid them. They have a long history of poor service and poor customer relations, and a bad track record with the BBB in the states they've done business in. I only found this out *after* I had ordered with them.

Like others on this thread, I found equivalent switches independently manufactured and distributed by Freiboth's Trading at www dot freibothstrading dot com. They gave me prompt and quality service, and they have a good ebay ranking. They had clear and timely customer communications. Go with them, instead.

Back