Voodoo Man Switch or Make-Your-Own Switch for DC-5?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swhiteh3

Reaction score
I'm looking for a switch solution for my DC-5. Right now I have the factory switch, which controls Rhythm and Graphic EQ. At the very least, I'd like to gain control over the Reverb, but ideally I'd like to integrate even more control, like possibly the pull-boost, the effects loop, etc.

OK, ignoring the sketchy business practices, I was looking at the Voodoo Man switches and it does not look like there is anything he sells that does any more than what I have. Am I missing something?

Finally, if I build my own pedal switch, I'd like it to integrate far more control, like the stuff I've listed above. Anyone done this and care to share tech? I'll probably have an integrated 9v power supply to power LEDs and any adjacent pedals, etc.

Well I recommend you to stay away from Voodooman

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=24359&start=0

Read the latest posts.

Thanks for the heads up. I did see the latest posts, and as mentioned above, I wanted to keep this thread independant of his business practices. I'm trying to determine which of his switches has the most functionality for a DC-5. I'm not sure whether I will try to purchase one of his switches, or (more likely) make my own. I have all the tools and resources to build a VERY nice switch (I build race cars, including some VERY high quality wiring harnesses), but I need a little DC-5 specific information to do so first.

Not sure if it will help, but I think you ought to at least take a look at Loop-Master (www.loop-master.com). He makes a lot of switches and loopers by hand. He may have what you need, or give you some ideas. :idea: :idea: :D

peace~

Wow - No one has been down this road before? I figured that some of the amp techs would have this info handy...

Thanks for the Loop-Master link. Unfortunately, while I like the quality of his stuff, I really want something that is more custom to my needs. I like the idea of including a power supply inside the enclosure, to power all the nearby pedals, for instance. From my experience building high-end wiring harneses, I have all the tools and experience I need to build it, except for some of the amplifier specific information.

No kidding! $30 for a single on/off footswitch with no LED...
"Why don't you use a gun..."

Go to www.smallbearelec.com
Order the parts and build it yourself for WAY less!!!!

Folks in Europe can use www.banzaieffects.com

mr_fender said:
No kidding! $30 for a single on/off footswitch with no LED...
hey, maybe I will; add the led and charge $32.50 ;)

Back