voodoo amps mods??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am leaning toward the Standard mod for my DR. I was skeptical at first but have a lot more experience with Mesa's since I played a 2ch Triple that was Voodoo modified. Trace takes the time and answers any questions via e-mail and he encourages you to call and talk to him.

Seems like great customer service and that's important to me.

You can also goto the voodoo webpage and post on the message board and he answers. He is also a member here.

clutch71 said:
I am leaning toward the Standard mod for my DR. I was skeptical at first but have a lot more experience with Mesa's since I played a 2ch Triple that was Voodoo modified. Trace takes the time and answers any questions via e-mail and he encourages you to call and talk to him.

Seems like great customer service and that's important to me.

I get my MESA SINGLE RECTIFIER series 2 back from VOODOO AMPS on Thursday. I CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!! I ended up getting the STANDARD MOD because of how the preamp tubes are around the output transformer and the new output transformer which Trace told me is bigger wont fit. So they could only could do the STANDARD MOD. Still I'l bet its much smoother with a tighter bottom end and MORE SUSTAIN , just what I am after. I will post my review as soon as I have tested it out. :shock:

That's awesome man, believe me there's no way you won't like it. It's like a Recto on steroids....in a good way.

Is he replacing your tubes as well ?

He uses premium-grade Ruby's almost exclusively, same ones Mesa uses but better in the tone dept as opposed to just the reliability factor in tube selection.

ThunderMonkey said:
That's awesome man, believe me there's no way you won't like it. It's like a Recto on steroids....in a good way.

Is he replacing your tubes as well ?

He uses premium-grade Ruby's almost exclusively, same ones Mesa uses but better in the tone dept as opposed to just the reliability factor in tube selection.

Yes , new TUBES for sure!!! I can't wait to hear this amp!!!

Latest posts

Back