vintage Mk II questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just dug out my old hardwood and wicker Mk II that I used in the early 80's. It is serial#6771,The chassis is dated 4/3/81, HRG., with the original EV speaker (#047). The chassis is initialled MB. It needs new tubes, a new EQ switch (still works but the paddle has snapped off) and the EQ sliders have all lost their tips,(also still work).I am wondering where to have it re-conditioned and re-tubed for sale. I live in the Florida Keys, and there is no one I trust down here to do it right. Also I would appreciate any input into the value of my old friend. I hate to sell it, but I'm no longer gigging, and am trying to set up a small recording studio at home and could use the bucks. Thanks for your time.

With that serial it's going to be a IIA I would imagine, not a IIC.

I'm not up on the current value for them but I would imagine the cost of shipping it to Mesa + all the work it needs done wouldn't pay off if your intent is to sell it for a profit.

It seems to have the IIc front panel. Volume1 w/Pull Br., Treble w/Pull Shift, Bass, Mid, Master w/Gain Boost, Lead drive w/Pull Lead, and Lead Master w/Pull Br. It also has the effect loop.

Dred Poppa Walter said:
It seems to have the IIc front panel. Volume1 w/Pull Br., Treble w/Pull Shift, Bass, Mid, Master w/Gain Boost, Lead drive w/Pull Lead, and Lead Master w/Pull Br. It also has the effect loop.

Are you sure on the serial number then? Has it ever been modified? An '81 IIB has a serial in the 7000 range for example..

I think a C would have a pull shift on the bass knob too?

edit: beaten by Ed :p

boogie eq slider replacement
The power board needs to be unscrewed and moved, then the face plate needs to be removed by unmounting all the pots, switches and unsoldering or clipping the pilot light. With the face plate off, you will have to unclamp each fader from the top and bottom of the chassis slots. Then you can have access to the front and back of the fader board. Un solder the old fader and solder in the new one. Mesa has the part in stock, it should be #588535.

when i did mine last summer, it was $4.55 PER SLIDER, PLUS 2.96 PER KNOB, 37.75 FOR 5 SLIDERS AND KNOBS, PLUS 5.80 SHIPPING.

Back