• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

VHT Pittbull Forty-Five 1 x 12 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberns

Reaction score
1998 VHT Pittbull Forty-Five, 1 x 12 Combo in Burgundy Tolex.
This amp was built during the Steven Fryette era of VHT, "Hand Built By Rockers In The USA".
$700 for cash and carry in the New England area. I can meet you halfway if you are in the area. If I have to ship it, I'll have to get a freight quote based on your zip code. CONUS only, add 3% if you want to PayPal.
45-watts from 4 x EL84 tubes (JJ), EL84 reverb driver (JJ), 12AX7 pre-amp tubes (Tung Sol), 12AX7 Phase Inverter (Groove Tubes), GZ34 Tube Rectifier (JJ). Amp can run in either Class A or Class A/B via a switch on the back panel.
Accutronics spring reverb, can be assigned to either or both the Clean or Drive channels. Has a VHT G-100-E (Eminence) 8-ohm speaker in an oversized cabinet.
Very flexible effects loop, can be either series or parallel and can be controlled via the footswitch.
Master Presence control and Reverb Level, Clean Channel has Volume, Treble, Mid, and Bass, with Bright and Mid-Shift buttons, as well as a Boost option (which can be kicked on via footswitch). Drive Channel has Gain, Volume (Master for that channel), Treble, Middle, and Bass. Also has Boost, Edge (basically Presence) and Mid-Shift buttons. Hight and Low inputs.
I had a 240pF roll-off cap placed across grid/cathode of EL84 reverb driver to roll off some of the highs on the reverb return. This could easily be removed if you don't like the sound of it.
Has a better leather handle installed, but there are still holes in the top of the cabinet from the original handle. Bottom of cabinet is scuffed and has some Tolex nicks, but obviously doesn't affect the sound of the amp!
Great little gigging amp that can keep up with a fairly loud drummer. Throw another 1 x 12 cabinet on it and kick some audio butt.
Includes the 4-button footswitch, LeCover cover, and has a spare 12AX7 inside the cabinet for emergencies.
More images at:
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/robberns/For%20Sale/
P1000477.jpg

Latest posts

Back