Very special Channel 3 Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you guys how John Petrucci is dialing in his Mark V :D

I had the honor of meeting him and had the chance to get his take on the V and gear in general. True class act and the most humble player I have ever met... he also does about 100 takes when he does the lessons for GW, the last 99 were for show :wink:

Sliders were in the classic V shape but not super scooped... almost exactly what he's used on the IV. Also these settings made me want to sell my Roadster... or it could have just been his playing through them :oops:

20090511131347.jpg

Very cool. Where did you meet JP at? I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife on several occasions and chatting it up with the both of them. They're great people, and very, very nice.

If you don,t mind revealing, what were some of his comments & opinions on the Mark 5?

Also, were these settings for his rhythm or lead sound, and what kind of stuff did he play for ya? Thank you.

pfft old news to me. haha jk jon, thanks again for the settings! i wrote them down for when I get the opportunity to test the head when it arrives at my local shop. im STOKED!

thats funny, except for the presence that is is exactly how my mk v is set.
~mike~

Yeah yeah tell us what did he say about the Mark 5 :D . I hope he uses it for the upcoming tour because I just bought some tickets.

So jdurso,

Can we expect to see your Roadster for sale any time soon :wink:

I've been using mine similar to this, but when the volume is low, I'll raise the gain.

The truth is though, that without shots of the graphic, it's hard to really know how the amp is set; the EQ makes the biggest difference.

Latest posts

Back