Velvet Revolver performs VH at RRHOF Induction

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wtf! Don't care much for the music but who the hell is that 'singer'? How retarded can you act on stage?

what a shame for VH, that nite was supposed to be something so great for them but it was so tainted,with Eddie in rehab,Dave not there,and 2 guys not in the band anymore showing up to accept the award. on second thought HOW ROCK AND ROLL IS THAT !
i hope they can get it together soon and start makin music again,i miss VH..and ill tell ya what, Keith Richards did a much better job ducting the Ronettes than VR did on VH .

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a sad, sad sham. Where is Rush, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and KISS, among other greats? Yet the O'Jays, the Dells and Brenda Lee are all in the so-called "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame.

When the RRHOF starts addressing the "Rock and Roll" part of their name, maybe then I'll give a rip about the induction ceremony and maybe even drive up to Cleveland to see the hall.

Pinweaver said:
wtf! Don't care much for the music but who the hell is that 'singer'? How retarded can you act on stage?

You're kidding right? That is Scott Wieland from STP. That performance just down right blew chunks.

I thought that the Contraband CD looked promising but I am not so sure about their covers.

I know that Axl played a huge part in G n' R's sound but how hard would it be to sound good with Slash, Duff, and Matt? All they need is the right frontman. Scott could be the man if he really tried to be more of a team player but I think his ego might be getting in the way. Slash is Slash and will forever sound like him and some slack should be taken into account for the performance because he knows he could never be Ed so we should too. Besides, when is a LP going to sound like a superstrat anyway? Duff does a good job of trying to help with backing vocals as well as laying down a decent bass line though he is no Michael Anthony. Matt Sorum is still one of the best rock drummers around yet again he is no Alex Van Halen either. This is no way a defense for a shoddy performance nor for a should be better than they are band. I still think that they gave a lack luster performance for what could have been a nice rendition.

However there really should have been some mode of Van Halen playing that night whether it was Sammy doing Van Hagar with Michael Anthony and even AVH, coaxing an EVH performance out of someone slinging an axe. I think Satch could have filled the bill or even his protege Mr. Vai. Heh, what if Buckethead would have done it? I think that the overall feel would have been more VH than what VR did regardless of who had played guitar that night only because the vocals and rhythm section would have been there. Again I am not totally dissing VR's talent but just the performance itself stunk.

Latest posts

Back