Using the FX loop on the Triaxis and G-Force

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
hey guys, so I have my G-force running between my TA and my poweramp(20/20). Able to get tone every thing is fine. I get signal levels in my G-Force and tone/signal from my Triaxis. right now I do not have the 7 pin cable yet so I am just using the Ground control pro to switch my G-force settings and waiting for the 7 min to hook it up to the triaxis.

But I can't figure out how to get the FX to come trhu the Triaxis? I found my sweet spot for cleans and have a really nice preset on the g-force for chorus effect with some add-ons but can't get any effect.

The manual for the TA, does not go in depth on the FX loop other than telling you press here an you can set up all the FX loop settings you want, but does not have a section on what those SW 1234 and then the little green LED below them do?? I have Killdry off on the G-Force, (when I turnd that on it cut the signal :) ). The manual says some thing about the Master being and FX level, but I tried that all the way up and still no effects.
Any suggestions?

Much appreicated in advance guys!! Thanks :)

Just another thing to add. I know for sure the FX loop works, as I just plugged a stereo boss chorus into the send and return of the triaxis and had a great chorus affect. I can't understand why G-Force is not responding to it. I has to be something in the I/O setup. Any one have a TC with their Triaxis? Thanks guys! :)

The manual for the TA, does not go in depth on the FX loop other than telling you press here an you can set up all the FX loop settings you want, but does not have a section on what those SW 1234 and then the little green LED below them do?? I have Killdry off on the G-Force, (when I turnd that on it cut the signal :) ). The manual says some thing about the Master being and FX level, but I tried that all the way up and still no effects.
Any suggestions?

Much appreicated in advance guys!! Thanks :)[/quote]

I believe that the 1234 is for switches. The little green led you pertain to is the effects loop. Make certain this is switched on or you won't hear any effects coming through. Just keep pressing the fx button till you see it.
Check you that your cables are correct. send/returns.
Trevor

Yeah I am not sure what the deal is, I think it is in the I/O I have the killdry off as when I turned it on, it cut all the audio.

I know the FX loop works, as I took a simple stereo Boss Chorus and placed it in the 1 send and 2 returns of the Triaxis and it worked great, but for some reason when I do the same thing with the G-Force I get guitar tone, signal in the G-Force signal level, but no effects. May be a bad cable. as I use slightly longer ones to make up to the Triaxis in the rack.

How do you have the G-Force hooked up to your Triaxis? Audio and Midi? Thanks man!
:)

Have you tried it between the pre and poweramp ie take the two out from the triaxis into the two ins on the force then into ya poweramp and see if you get anything then ...(by the way this is by far the best way to have your rig setup)

let me know!!

Hi there,

The four red lights in front of the Triaxis indicates if the four switch jack outputs is on/off. They're meant for controlling a switchable postamp, as the 50/50 or 90/90. The green light indicates if the FX loop is active or passive.
You must store these setup for each program on the Triaxis.

I'm not shure how you runs your Gforce, but you can have it in your Triaxis Fx loop, or between Triaxis and postamp.
I'm running my multieffects after the Triaxis, and not in the FX loop. I use the
Fx loop for my dbx166XL for gate on lead channels/program.
I also runs my Gforce in a line mixer in parallel to the dry sound from the Triaxis. Then you must have the killdry on in the Gforce. If you runs it in series you must have the killdry function set to off.
The way I have my GForce gets me analog dry guitar signal all the way from Triaxis and into the poweramp. The digital effected sound goes in paralell to the analog signal.
If you want the Gforce to do compression, modulation and similar you must run it serial, but the paralell method gives you a cleaner analog guitar signal through the system.
Here's a bad pic of how the signal goes through my rack:

tramp said:
Have you tried it between the pre and poweramp ie take the two out from the triaxis into the two ins on the force then into ya poweramp and see if you get anything then ...(by the way this is by far the best way to have your rig setup)

let me know!!

Hey sorry for not posting the reply. yeah I ran it serial and it is fine and sound slammin!!. The issue I was having, and I guess this is what you get for getting a used G-Force is when you power the rack on, no signal, but once you reboot G-Force all the signal comes back so it works. Weird LOL

Latest posts

Back