Using Loop Master to get power tubes cooking on 2 chan DR...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
I've heard of this procedure, but haven't really tried it much. I tried several searches, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Anyway...

I'm wondering about switching the effects loop on, on my 2 chan DR, but not using any effects. Just doing this so the Loop Active Master could be used as a master volume control. This way you could run the channel masters fairly low and run the Loop Master fairly high. This should get the power tubes cooking, correct?

Anybody currently doing that? Pros/cons/thoughts?

Thanks!

yup...

I think Micah first told us about this a short while back. Some other users were already doing it, but he made everyone aware of it.

Needless to say, I don't run my rectifier any other way now. You can get great tone at low volumes. Just the ohter day I had the Loop knob at around 1030 or 11 and the red channel knob at like 8 or 830.

k hold on, i don;t quite understand what micah is saying. i ahve a 2chan DR. so i put my send and return to 10, and what do i set the loop knob at? auto on red and organge? but i actually don;t have any fx plugged in? then just use the loop active master to control poer amp saturation or what?

Just turn the loop on.....I have it auto for both red & orange, but I don't think it matters because I believe the Loop Active Master knob will be functional when you turn the loop on for either or both channels. You don't have to have anything running through the loop. Then, yes, the Loop Active Master knob will allow you to control the amount of power amp saturation.

Latest posts

Back