Using G Major with Triaxis...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aegis

Reaction score
I'm currently running a Triaxis > 2:90 and I want to add an effects unit. I've all but decided on the TC electronic G major, but I need to know; how should I hook up the G Major so that there is minimal tone coloration? Or will the G Major noticably affect my tone no matter what I do? I have heard the term "parallel circut" come up in discussions of this sort; What is that?Do I need one? and if I do, how do I set one up?

18&life say right, any effect processor out of triaxis fx loop. You can also connect it in the fx loop but some effects works well in the chain end and some other where the chain start. So, many triaxis users do this, connecting multifx after the triaxis output and before the power amplifier.

IMHO, any single component can add colour to the overall sound. Multifx, cables, jacks, strings, woods, and also a pick can change your sound.... so, don't waste your time in coloring and non coloring sound with or without a multifx. There's no a TOTAL TONE but there is YOUR TONE. There are many factors for making tone and i belive there's no exist a pure pure pure tone. Guitarists are in constant search for the perfect tone...in this case...the grail tone...so near and so far :wink:

experimenting is the key

IMHO, any single component can add colour to the overall sound. Multifx, cables, jacks, strings, woods, and also a pick can change your sound.... so, don't waste your time in coloring and non coloring sound with or without a multifx. There's no a TOTAL TONE but there is YOUR TONE. There are many factors for making tone and i belive there's no exist a pure pure pure tone. Guitarists are in constant search for the perfect tone...in this case...the grail tone...so near and so far

Wise words..................... 8)

Marvell said:
18&life say right, any effect processor out of triaxis fx loop. You can also connect it in the fx loop but some effects works well in the chain end and some other where the chain start. So, many triaxis users do this, connecting multifx after the triaxis output and before the power amplifier.

IMHO, any single component can add colour to the overall sound. Multifx, cables, jacks, strings, woods, and also a pick can change your sound.... so, don't waste your time in coloring and non coloring sound with or without a multifx. There's no a TOTAL TONE but there is YOUR TONE. There are many factors for making tone and i belive there's no exist a pure pure pure tone. Guitarists are in constant search for the perfect tone...in this case...the grail tone...so near and so far :wink:

experimenting is the key

Yes but...there's always wet/dry system despite of not being able to use tremolo effects, EQ, compression, swell...it's a good compromise though. :)

Latest posts

Back