Using 2 2x12's or just one 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalmike117

Reaction score
I love this site by the way. I spend my work day reading about all you boogie freaks. My problem.

I have a road king series 1 head. I run it through a 4x12 slant traditional boogie cab and a 2x12 recto horizontal cab. Will it sound thin if I lose the 4x12, and get a 3/4 open back 2x12 and use my recto 2x12? With that combo of cabs, it is like a make shift road king cab. Please shoot over any info you like.

-Mike

You will lose perceived volume from less air being moved. You will also lose some of the punch. Should still sound good though different.

Welcome to the board... :D

I, on the contrary, would prefer the (2) 212's! The option of splitting them on either side of a room/stage (in a one guitar situation) would be cool! You could also utilize the cab switching (when stacked): 3/4 back for cleans (ch. 1&2), and closed cab for gains (ch. 3&4)!

the dirty sounds when running the 4x12 and the 2x12 are insane, but I feel that the open back might add some openness for cleans with dealy and such.

Latest posts

Back