Upgraded C+ Get it while it lasts.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neptical said:
You can run your bass pretty high without it flubbing out?

Keep in mind that the pic of the black toles head is with the EQ OUT, Class-A mode with Sylvania 6CA7's, and 400 watts of EVM-12L speaker capacity. The Lead Drive is also set to 3. It is a combination of all these things that allow for such a Bass pot setting. 8)

JOEY B. said:
I found a smokin' lead tone on my C+. Most people could not stand in the same room at that volume level for very long. :lol: :lol: The real deal is that the tone inspires you to play your best." quote].

Just to make sure I'm understanding - you're saying that a painfully loud sound from your amplifier is what inspires you to play best?!

I've played enough Boogies and always thought putting the Master to 2 without earplugs was pushing it - in terms of pain threshold, and in terms of getting the best sound. Playing through a 4X12 cabinet can be a different story, but turning a combo amp way up generally makes it pretty thin-sounding. Even a Mesa is not immune to this.

Combination said:
JOEY B. said:
I found a smokin' lead tone on my C+. Most people could not stand in the same room at that volume level for very long. :lol: :lol: The real deal is that the tone inspires you to play your best." quote].

Just to make sure I'm understanding - you're saying that a painfully loud sound from your amplifier is what inspires you to play best?!

I've played enough Boogies and always thought putting the Master to 2 without earplugs was pushing it - in terms of pain threshold, and in terms of getting the best sound. Playing through a 4X12 cabinet can be a different story, but turning a combo amp way up generally makes it pretty thin-sounding. Even a Mesa is not immune to this.

Maybe that came out wrong. I mean that when you get the amp working together with the pickups and the resonation of guitar in relation to the sound waves, majical things will happen. It is hard to put into words, but I think we have all experienced this phenomenon. FWIW, I do not care for loud, high gain through an open back cabinet, and I didn't play those settings (Master = 5)for an extended period of time. A pair of EV loaded 1x12 thieles were used. Those setting are more for isolation booth sessions. :wink:

Latest posts

Back