Two simple question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhoads said:
hi everyone ! two questions today,

1 = can i put this reverb tank in a Mark III ?
http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Reverb-Tanks/8AB2A1B-Reverb-Tank-Mesa-Boogie-Style-3-Spring

Yes. Combo or head cab? The 8AB2A1B is designed to mount open side down in a combo, inside the bag with the strap holding it to the bottom of the combo cab.
The tank for heads has the springs installed differently so they don't bottom out on the tank chassis and it mounts open side up, with a cover for the open side. The model number would have the letter "A" on the end instead of "B".

2 = is it that kind of cup washer that Mesa use for the screw on the top of is head ? (Look at the fourth picture)
http://www.amprepairparts.com/mesaparts.htm

No. Mesa uses a countersunk flat washer, seen below.
Sorry, I don't know who sells these.

IMG_3151-1.jpg

IMG_3152-1.jpg

Ok thanks Mr MarkIII ! but can you tell me the outside diameter of the washer ?
and the screw for a Mark IV is #8 ?
Thanks again Patrick

MrMarkIII said:
Yes. Combo or head cab? The 8AB2A1B is designed to mount open side down in a combo, inside the bag with the strap holding it to the bottom of the combo cab.
The tank for heads has the springs installed differently so they don't bottom out on the tank chassis and it mounts open side up, with a cover for the open side. The model number would have the letter "A" on the end instead of "B".

The correct Reverb Tank is a 9AB2A1B not 8AB2A1B
And mesa used the 9AB2A1B in heads as well with the springs facing up.
If there is any bottoming out of the springs you can just change where they are being held within the tank to the other "higher" holes.

The 8AB2A1b tank is shorter in length than the 9AB2A1B.
I think it's only about 10" long
The 9AB2A1B is 16-3/4" long

But if you are buying a new one MrMarKIII is accurate in stating the one designed to have the springs facing up is the 9AB2A1A
even though Mesa never used these in their heads (well not in any of the Mark series heads I've owned or have seen.)

On a short head the Mounting Screw is an Machine Screw 8-32 Oval Head Phillips 1-1/4" long

You have four coming to you in the mail along with 4 washers. :D

On long heads they were 10-24 either 1-1/2" long or 3-1/4" long (3-1/2" long works too)

Latest posts

Back