turn it up..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieman60

Reaction score
Played my first outdoor gig with my MKV combo and widebody cab last night at Jellystone campground for the Bikers there, and WOW can this thing CRANK!!!! I didn't mic it on purpose so I could just play loud and was really pleased by the way the amp responded. Just like a fast car that clears it's throat out at 100... The MKV really gets humming when pushed a little. I was still only using about 50%...Very happy about purchasing this masterpiece..

boogieman60 said:
Played my first outdoor gig with my MKV combo and widebody cab last night at Jellystone campground for the Bikers there, and WOW can this thing CRANK!!!! I didn't mic it on purpose so I could just play loud and was really pleased by the way the amp responded. Just like a fast car that clears it's throat out at 100... The MKV really gets humming when pushed a little. I was still only using about 50%...Very happy about purchasing this masterpiece..

Dont ya love it when things keep surprising you and making you happy!??!?!

I love to crank it up too man. Get me that nice 45w setting with the power tubes cranking and your in tone heaving (pending you have it EQ'd right of course :))

I'd have to agree. This amp doesn't truly open up until you push it at least a little. I've gotten it to Full output at 90w but noticed it doesn't sound as good as its sweet spot. High gain amps usually aren't meant to be cranked completely, thats more of a Marshall kind of thing (in my opinion.) I love when the amp starts to open up when around 10:30-11:00 on the output when the channel volumes around 10:00-10:30 also. But thats just the beginning, a little louder at around 11:30-1:00 and its perfect. For metal it gives a great thump and thickness with searing highs (the good kind!)

Can't wait to try my Mark V head with a Mills Acoustic Mach 212B. I'm sure it'll destroy! Rock n Roll fellow Mark V users :D

RocknRory said:
I'd have to agree. This amp doesn't truly open up until you push it at least a little. I've gotten it to Full output at 90w but noticed it doesn't sound as good as its sweet spot. High gain amps usually aren't meant to be cranked completely, thats more of a Marshall kind of thing (in my opinion.) I love when the amp starts to open up when around 10:30-11:00 on the output when the channel volumes around 10:00-10:30 also. But thats just the beginning, a little louder at around 11:30-1:00 and its perfect. For metal it gives a great thump and thickness with searing highs (the good kind!)

Can't wait to try my Mark V head with a Mills Acoustic Mach 212B. I'm sure it'll destroy! Rock n Roll fellow Mark V users :D

**** man, please let us know how that MIlls works out, I hear they are the business!

I agree with the turning it up thing.

My Mark V Head (played through a 4x12 w/ V 30's) sounds best with the master at about noon. Of course I rarely turn it up to that. I keep it at about 10 most of the time.

I've found that even in 10 watt mode, the blanket doesn't really come off the amp until the output is around 10:30 or above. It's great that you can have it lower, for late night jams and such.. but it's not the same amp until you get the power tubes involved.

Back