Tunes : Hourglass & New Millenium Cyanide Christ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffdove

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

dabbled in some bedroom recording and came up with this.

would like to get some feedback.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=728873&content=music

cheers.

Your playing on Hourglass was amazing. The sound isn't as full as the original but considering it was recorded with a Pod in your bedroom I have to say it's fairly amazing.

devilrob,

thanks for the kind words. I'll work on miking up the cab next. And if that doesn't work out because of the small room that I'm in, I guess I'll have to settle for the Palmer simulator.

Happy hols,

Hey man sounds great. I look forward to listening to some more Mark IV recordings. If it's possible could you possibly PM me the drum file for Hourglass since I'm really bad at making drum patterns etc.

Unstoppable, Cliff. The quality of audio you're getting out of your pod is practically disheartening when I compare it to my results of miking my cab.

moltar said:
Unstoppable, Cliff. The quality of audio you're getting out of your pod is practically disheartening when I compare it to my results of miking my cab.

As of now, that makes the both of us. Miking can be sucha pain in the ***. I'm having such a tough time getting miked tones to sound good on the monitors, it just makes me wanna be more productive on the Pod.

fpoon said:
Hey man sounds great. I look forward to listening to some more Mark IV recordings. If it's possible could you possibly PM me the drum file for Hourglass since I'm really bad at making drum patterns etc.

Sure. just PM me your email.

Dude, great job.

Did you played the rythm-parts twice to get the organic stereosound, or do you just multing?
I will do some recordings with my band in a few wheeks and we covered laid to rest and we also want to track it. Just for fun....

maettens said:
Did you played the rythm-parts twice to get the organic stereosound, or do you just multing?

Its just standard left and right tracking for two rhythms and I just made sure the left was spot on before matching it with the rhythm for the right. It took a while but i think its worth the effort.

No two parts can ever be exactly the same and its these imperfect naunces that makes it fuller sounding. Multing will only get u a copy of the original although its a good idea if you want to sketch down ideas really quickly and not waste time tracking twice.

cheers maettens.

Back