Tubes Overheating?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bshizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering how hot tubes should get. Tonight after work I was really pushing my Mark IV, I had the fan on and I was occasionally checking to make sure everything with the tubes was okay (as I haven't had this amp long) When I touched the tubes for only a split second, they were blisteringly hot. I was running in Class A and the outer, class A tubes were the really hot ones. I'm just checking to make sure they should be getting that hot, thanks!

Not your amp but your fingers might :oops: ! Seriously though if you just have the fillament glowing in the tube and not the plate you should be o.k. That is why the fan is in there!

Bshizzle said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering how hot tubes should get. Tonight after work I was really pushing my Mark IV, I had the fan on and I was occasionally checking to make sure everything with the tubes was okay (as I haven't had this amp long) When I touched the tubes for only a split second, they were blisteringly hot. I was running in Class A and the outer, class A tubes were the really hot ones. I'm just checking to make sure they should be getting that hot, thanks!

The tubes get very HOT! That's the reason (laws and restrictions) in EUROPE we have these grilles in the back of the amps. And to prevent from electric shocks...

Latest posts

Back