Tube

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
Is it bad if one of your tubes failed and your still playing the amp? Which is the case for me, my 4th power tube broke... but my amp is still playing well, i mean, im obviously gunna replace it, or rather all of them soon, but in the meantime, should i not play it at all or it wont hurt it?

You should probably pull the broken tube and it's related pair (inside or outside). Playing with a problen tube could lead to amp damage.

If it's the Tremoverb you're talking about....... TURN IT OFF, IMMEDIATELY!!! You'll end up blowing something.

What you can do is pull the broken tube and then pull the one that is in that "pair" (the 2 outside are a pair and the 2 inside are a pair), then pull one rectifier tube, and then run your cab at the next lower impedence setting (if you're at 16, now go to 8.... If you're at 8, now go to 4).

What this is doing is running your amp at 50wts and it's perfectly safe to do this.

But please don't play your amp with a broken tube any more :wink:

ok, so just to clarify: the broken power tube is the 4th on my Tremoverb, so, I remove that 4th power tube, along with the 1st power tube and either of the rectifier tubes and then it should be running 50 watts which is safe, correct? My head and cab are both at 4ohms, is that ok if the above explained procedure is right...?

Latest posts

Back