New to MB Board and new MB owner! Question about Mark IIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldhophead

Reaction score
I just joined the group in order to learn more about my new (to me) Mark IIB combo. It was recently gifted to me by the family of my next door neighbor after he passed unexpectedly. He had it in a custom made Mojotone combo cabinet with a 15" Eminence PF 400 speaker, as he used it for pedal steel. I found the original hardwood cabinet (sans original 12" speaker) in his garage. I had an amp tech put it all back together, installing a new 12" Black Shadow/Celestion from Mesa Boogie. The amp sounds great, and I am still learning all it's nuances. It does not have reverb, but does have the 5 band graphic equalizer. It does not have switchable power modes (which I think some came with?). From what my amp tech told me, this is a 50 watt amp. I do have a couple of questions for the group: The amp is pretty noisy when the gain (or volume 1 and master 1) gets turned up past 2 , even with humbuckers. Not something I am used to with my Fender BJr or DRRI. Also, when using the footswitch to switch from clean to lead channels, there is a loud pop. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy these two things? Thanks! I look forward to any input and to learning more about Mesa Boogie amps!

I just joined the group in order to learn more about my new (to me) Mark IIB combo. It was recently gifted to me by the family of my next door neighbor after he passed unexpectedly. He had it in a custom made Mojotone combo cabinet with a 15" Eminence PF 400 speaker, as he used it for pedal steel. I found the original hardwood cabinet (sans original 12" speaker) in his garage. I had an amp tech put it all back together, installing a new 12" Black Shadow/Celestion from Mesa Boogie. The amp sounds great, and I am still learning all it's nuances. It does not have reverb, but does have the 5 band graphic equalizer. It does not have switchable power modes (which I think some came with?). From what my amp tech told me, this is a 50 watt amp. I do have a couple of questions for the group: The amp is pretty noisy when the gain (or volume 1 and master 1) gets turned up past 2 , even with humbuckers. Not something I am used to with my Fender BJr or DRRI. Also, when using the footswitch to switch from clean to lead channels, there is a loud pop. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy these two things? Thanks! I look forward to any input and to learning more about Mesa Boogie amps!

Welcome to the board 👍

Tubes are first to suspect in noise issues but you could try lowering the master to 0 then bring up the volume 1 up to 7-9, lead drive 7 and lead vol 5 and change between rhythm and lead

Shouldn’t be so hissy

If my memory serves me well from Mark III 🤣

Latest posts

Back