Tube Works & Mosvalve fans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moander

Reaction score
Just wondering how many Tube Works / Mosvalve fans there are that are active here...?

I saw several threads that were older, and I didn't want to necro them :)

I'm using the MV-962 into a Marshall Basketweave 4x12 with G12-M greenies, with simply a Boss GT-6 for my pre....
I'm using the Mesa settings, and as money is tight, I have to settle for 'as close as I can get' though, after tweaking the GT-6, on the clean power amp, I did indeed get very close.....

I'm also using the Tube Works Mosvalve RT-2100 2x12 100w amp. On this rig, I use the effects loop, and with a simple change to the GT-6, I pretty much nail the tone I get on the 4x12 rig........

What I'm finding out, is, if you get a GOOD clean amp, today's amp modeling processors can actually do a good job.....

Opinions?

I have similar opinions, I think you have to have a good clean power amp with balls to get the job done in a large/loud setting. I've seen 40 watt tube amps destroy 100 watt solid state amps. With enough gumption however, it can indeed be done. I have run an xtLive straight into the PA with great results.

If anyone's interested, the link in my sig is a full site now.. I've archived all the Tube Works manuals, got alot of pics, forums, all that.. if any Tube Works fans feel like helping out, please do stop on by..

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back