Tube Sockets on Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
My power tubes always seem to come loose on my Roadster. I don't remember having that problem with my Dual Rec. Is that normal or could there be an issue with the tube sockets. When I move the amp, I have to make sure to push them all back in.
Also, could that have any effect on the tone coming from the amp?

If you have the spring clips, the metal things next to the sockets, make sure you press them tightly up against the base of the tube.

If that doesn't help, you could get in there and tighten the pins on the sockets, but you should not attempt this if you are not familiar with tube amps. Otherwise just take it to a tech.

Victor

If you have the metal clips on the bottom side of the valves loose, you can push them firmly against the base of the valve to hold it in place. Granted, I had a dude that transported a Mesa Stiletto Deuce II head to me from interstate, and he didn't push them firmly in place. Some of the valves were dislodged during transit. Thank God none of them broke...

Latest posts

Back