Tube guard for Mark series?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robredo_mattila

Reaction score
Has anybody made a tube guard of sorts to protect their mark series amp? My mark III has the reverb pan cutout but no reverb so I'm always paranoid about my Tubes getting damaged from the bottom and the back of the amp whenever I take it anywhere in the car etc. I've also thought about building a flightcase or going the rackmount kit way but that seems a tad overkill.

Any thoughts?

not sure about the other Marks, but the IV has a mount for the footswitch in the rear. I've personally never actually mounted the switch on there, as it seems a bit sketchy....the cable doesnt detatch from the switch and you'd have that in the way.

If you cant find a piece of metal like gts' a piece of wood will do.You could get some tolex to match your cab.

Could be wrong, but I thought Mesa sold those aluminum guards (like gts) by the inch.

Might also replace the speaker output jacks too (8 Ohm, 4 ohm, 4 ohm) with switchcraft mono 1/4" jacks because the plastic ones seem kinda flimsy. However I tightened them today and it's a bit better now. Still not ideal.

There is nothing overkill about a road case for your amp head. One winter a few years back I hit a patch of ice on the road and slide into a huge rock wall. A lot of my equipment got smashed but (luckily) the boogie head came out of it without a scratch, thanks to the case it was in. I totalled a band truck, a light show, and some speaker cabs but not the boog. Even the lightweight (non-ATA) cases available are better than nothing at all and check fleabay there are zillions of guys dieing to build you one for FAR LESS than another Mk III head would cost.

Latest posts

Back